Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#3992 by scots
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 pm
When I ported my number, my service was disconnected with my previous service provider and they said the reason was the number had ported out. It was something like 4 or 5 days after that before ooma said the port was complete and the number was working with ooma. Most of those 4 or 5 days ooma said that the port hadn't completed and that they didn't have my number.
#4384 by brewbag
Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:01 am
So 1 week later, no response from 3 emails to ooma. Also tried calling and phone is busy!

Dont know my status..........landline disconnected. Using free 2nd line as primary.....19 days left on free premier service. what happens when 19 days up?

may lose all phone connectivity.....and, shudder to think i can call customer support for.....oh yeah, customer support!

HELP
#4424 by brewbag
Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:05 pm
Thanks, I did call ooma, sat on hold listening to music for 35 minutes. Turns out the support staff is only 4 deep (4 people). But once the problem was discussed.......no problem fixed within 20 minutes or less.

So, for anyone reading this.......4 people taking tech calls. Patience must be had to get this product up and working should you need assistance. My thanks to "Norm" who helped me.
#4427 by bmice
Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:23 pm
brewbag wrote:Thanks, I did call ooma, sat on hold listening to music for 35 minutes. Turns out the support staff is only 4 deep (4 people). But once the problem was discussed.......no problem fixed within 20 minutes or less.

So, for anyone reading this.......4 people taking tech calls. Patience must be had to get this product up and working should you need assistance. My thanks to "Norm" who helped me.

read my post....you have to keep on keeping on....most of these guys would do better if they just listened to the problem and changed the attitude a litte. once everyone gets on the same page....stuff gets done. keep in mind these guys are dealing with a lot of calls....but in the long run better customer service results in more productivity in the long run.

glad you were able to get thru everything!!!\

stay active and help some others get what they need!