Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#59836 by 1kenthomas
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:25 am
Hello.

A caller just used incoming CID spoofing to call my number and avoid blocks.

1) I assume they can no longer listen to voicemail? This was an issue some time ago and I'd like to assure it's fixed!

2) Can I block my own # to avoid this?

3) The party (fraudster) seems known. Anyone know legal responses other than informing their state Attorneys' General Office?

Thanks!
#59948 by crs
Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:27 am
1kenthomas wrote:A caller just used incoming CID spoofing to call my number and avoid blocks.

1) I assume they can no longer listen to voicemail? This was an issue some time ago and I'd like to assure it's fixed!

it appears not to be fixed. I have my old landline number forwarded to my Ooma number, and when I call the landline number using Ooma I get a call-waiting beep, four rings and then I hear "You have no messages" from the voicemail system (because I have autoplay enabled).
#59976 by Groundhound
Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 pm
crs wrote:it appears not to be fixed. I have my old landline number forwarded to my Ooma number, and when I call the landline number using Ooma I get a call-waiting beep, four rings and then I hear "You have no messages" from the voicemail system (because I have autoplay enabled).

I don't know if the issue is fixed or not, but I don't think what you describe is a valid test. Ooma would correctly interpret that call as being from your home even though it is forwarded.