Location help

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
zhodzic2

Location help

Post by zhodzic2 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:52 pm

My ooma right now is set up in our home office upstairs next to our router. is there any way I can set it up downstairs in the kitchen using wireless? Our kitchen is downstairs and a wire would be too inconvenient.
Thanks!

ntoy

Re: Location help

Post by ntoy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Hello,

If you have a multi handset wireless phone system connected to the telo unit, the wireless handsets should operate just as it normally would & allow you service downstairs. Another option is to have a telo handset.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 pm

zhodzic2 wrote:My ooma right now is set up in our home office upstairs next to our router. is there any way I can set it up downstairs in the kitchen using wireless? Our kitchen is downstairs and a wire would be too inconvenient.
Thanks!
I do not have any phone connected to my Telo. I have my Telo connected to the wall jack in that room. I have my phone in the kitchen connected to the wall jack there. If you search in the forums you will find several posts regarding how to activate all of your home phone jacks.

Donna

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Have a look at the thread in this forum, "Ooma on a client bridge". I have done exactly what you're asking about.