Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#59021 by bob m
Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 am
I'm going to France in July. If I install Ooma Mobile can I make calls to the US from France and is it at the regular France or Paris rate or the Mobile France rate of @ 20cents/minute. The website is not clear on this.
#59024 by bw1
Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 am
bob m wrote:I'm going to France in July. If I install Ooma Mobile can I make calls to the US from France and is it at the regular France or Paris rate or the Mobile France rate of @ 20cents/minute. The website is not clear on this.

Assuming you're able to and connected to Wifi in France calling a US phone number, it would be 1.9 cents per minute (or included in the 250 Premier minutes).

If you're calling a French or Paris or Mobile France phone number it would be whatever the international rate is for that number.

If you're connecting to 3G, you need to check the international data roaming rate for AT&T. I've heard that those rates can be astronomical.
#59763 by Grod
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 am
I am in France now on wifi and cannot make any calls on ooma and my iPad. I have dialed various exit codes and country codes but get message "content- length mis-match"

I assume I am not inputting the numbers correctly.

How to dial 1-800-xxx-xxxx??

011-1-800-?

Thanks
#59764 by murphy
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 am
Grod wrote:I am in France now on wifi and cannot make any calls on ooma and my iPad. I have dialed various exit codes and country codes but get message "content- length mis-match"

011-1-800-?

Thanks

Try just 1-800-xxx-xxxx. Ooma doesn't know that you are in France. Calls to French numbers would be dialed the same as if you were in the US and would cost the same.
#59765 by DTMF
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:37 am
Grod wrote:I am in France now on wifi and cannot make any calls on ooma and my iPad. I have dialed various exit codes and country codes but get message "content- length mis-match"

011-1-800-?

Thanks
The device and the app will function as if they are in the location of the account's phone number, regardless of their physical location.

If the phone number that rings on the Ooma account is in the 312 area code of Chicago, calls on the box or the application are dialed as if they originate from Chicago. So you would dial 1-800-555-1212 to reach that US toll-free number, even from France. :cool:
#59809 by Grod
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:21 pm
Still same problem. Now reinstalled ooma mobile on iPad.

Now it does now accept user name and password.
#59812 by Grod
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:55 pm
Ok. Password problem resolved (ooma mobile password is online and can be regenerated)

Still get the message "contact-length mis-match". When any number Is dialed.

Sent an email thru the ooma mobile app. Waiting a reply
#59840 by ntoy
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 am
Hello,

Dialing via OomaMobile should be the same as if you were using the app in the US. No special codes needed.
We've had reports from other users using the app successfully in other countries.

Perhaps you want to try it on a different Internet connection - there might be some local network firewall that might be blocking the connection.
#59856 by Grod
Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:46 pm
I keep getting contact length mis match message dialing a simple 1-800 number on ooma mobile. Showing connected via wifi.

I made a skype call voice only and it works fine. Guess I will have to fund my skype account and try to get refund from ooma mobile.

Still have not got email response from ooma support.
#59863 by ntoy
Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:57 pm
Hello Grod,

Are you able to call our support line - 1-888-711-6662?
Have you tried connecting to different internet connections?
Are you able to call non toll free numbers?
Please send me a PM on the 800 number you are trying to call as well
as a screenshot of the error (Press the "lock" and "home" button simultaneously).

Thx