Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#58733 by dplang
Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 am
I have a Scout dedicated to a second number. I have a mutlistation cordless base connected to it which provides phone service throughout my home. The Hub has a dedicated phone number I use for work. The Scout has been restarting or rebooting randomly - tab goes from blue to off to red and blue again. When it does, it usually restarts several times in a row, maybe every minute or so. Has anyone else seem this behavior and fixed it? OOMA support has been less than helpful.
#58735 by ntoy
Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:26 am
Hello,

Have you tried connecting the scout's power supply to another electrical outlet? Tried a different phone wire for the scout's wall port?

Other than that, you can run this test for a few days in this config to see if the scout goes down:

Since you have nonlandline config, you can try connecting the scout's wall port directly to the hub's wall port:

Move the scout & scout’s power supply by the hub.
With the hub displaying a blue tab, take a phone cable & connect one end to the scout’s wall port on the back.
Take the other end & plug into the hub’s wall port on the back.
Power up the scout & allow a few minutes – the tab on the scout should turn blue.
#58747 by dplang
Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 pm
I've tried a new phone cable and moved the power connection. I also tried the other steps below. Since the issue is random, the scout will go into a normal period when it's moved upstaris by the hub. When it's moved back downstairs, it will appear to be nornmal for a 1/2 day or more and then revert back to resetting.