Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#58675 by Lyndon
Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:52 am
I am leaving for at least 4 weeks, possibly more, and told my ISP. They are putting my DSL account on "sleep" for that time.
I assume that means they are turning off my connection.
I don't need Ooma to record messages, nor to connect to during this time.
My concern is I also don't want to lose my Ooma account and number.
Should I contact someone at Ooma to let them know????
Thanks,
Lyndon
#58679 by Lyndon
Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:02 am
Thanks for the thread link, bw1
I appreciate it!
I sent an email to the support, and Emma wanted me to call the Tech. Dept.
But I don't see any need for that.
Thanks again!
Lyndon
#58726 by ntoy
Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 am
Hello,

Your account currently has an active state. Your account would remain intact unless there was action like you calling in & authorizing an account cancellation by verifying the security question.
#58732 by Lyndon
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:39 am
Thanks, don't plan to do that.
I'm happy the way things are!

On another thread I should thank the Ooma community as well. My poor reception had to do with
my ISP. I did what the forum members suggested and kept records of the poor line, and submitted
it to my ISP, and finally, after months of putting me off, they came out and corrected the troubles in my area.
Would not have happened without those records the Ooma Community told me to create, keep, and file.
Thanks again, everyone!
Lyndon
Salt Lake City
#59095 by nn5i
Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 am
Why not take the Ooma with you, and a telephone instrument too. That way, anywhere you happen to be, if there's Internet you have your home phone with you. I just returned from some travels during which I used my Ooma at the homes of two friends in different cities. Most convenient, and much better than any cell phone.
#59104 by southsound
Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 pm
nn5i wrote:Why not take the Ooma with you, and a telephone instrument too. That way, anywhere you happen to be, if there's Internet you have your home phone with you. I just returned from some travels during which I used my Ooma at the homes of two friends in different cities. Most convenient, and much better than any cell phone.

Great advice! And I would imagine that when your friends realize that you have quality phone service at such a reasonable price, they too will become ooma subscribers! Helping friends save money is always a good thing in these difficult economic times.
#59134 by dsinternet
Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:03 am
I also take my Ooma with me when I go out of town and visit relatives. It's plug and play when I plug it into their router.
Don't forget about 911 calls. They show the address that you have on the Ooma web site. Very easy to change. I normally don't change the address and remind my kids to use my relatives phone if they need to call 911.