Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#58464 by YipYip
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:06 pm
Just upgraded to a Telo + Telo Handset.
The base can page the handset by pressing the antenna button. That's alright..
The handset can intercom call the base and it will ring what ever phone is plugged into the base. That's nice.
Is it possible to initiate an intercom call from one of the phones plugged into the base? Maybe via a *#*# code or something?

Also, I found an option in the handset menu to activate baby monitor mode. When this is enabled, then pressing the intercom button on the handset brings up a menu that includes a new option for baby monitor, but when you select it, it says, "<No Monitors>".

I've searched Google, the forums, and the KB for details on this. The only mention of it is in a release notes post where it says they added the feature and they list three numbers (8104, 8168, 8198) next to the line. I assume this are issue tracking numbers or something, but it doesn't appear to be an open issue tracking system since I can't find any details on it.

Anyone have information on this feature?
#58465 by murphy
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 pm
*01 will ring handset #1, etc. from a base phone.

Baby Monitor requires a minimum of two handsets.
Baby monitor must be enabled on both handsets.
Then when you select baby monitor from intercom, it will list the other enabled handsets.
#58498 by murphy
Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 am
lbmofo wrote:Sometimes, I think murphy is an ooma employee for knowing all the technical details. ;)

Actually I'm a retired Electrical Engineer that used to design disk system controllers for mainframe systems.
The first one I worked on was the size of a washing machine, used hydraulic actuators, and had a capacity of 25 MB.
Note that I said MB and not GB.
Now I have a laptop that has a 500 GB disk that is about the size of a deck of playing cards.
#58529 by southsound
Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 pm
lbmofo wrote:Sometimes, I think murphy is an ooma employee for knowing all the technical details. ;)

Actually I believe murphy owns ooma, Apple, Microsoft, Google, and Amazon.com. He's just too humble to admit it. We still love him in spite of his superior knowledge. :P
#123926 by kriemer
Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:15 am
murphy wrote:*01 will ring handset #1, etc. from a base phone.

Baby Monitor requires a minimum of two handsets.
Baby monitor must be enabled on both handsets.
Then when you select baby monitor from intercom, it will list the other enabled handsets.

For Information:
*01 rings my Linx line-2 line from my primary number.
*00 rings my primary line-1 from my Linx number

Thanks Murphy

k
#123929 by Leeway
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:06 am
southsound wrote:

Actually I believe murphy owns ooma, Apple, Microsoft, Google, and Amazon.com. He's just too humble to admit it. We still love him in spite of his superior knowledge. :P

I for one, would love to sit and listen to Murphy for hours. Murphy is a walking KB.

Donna