Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#58580 by southsound
Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:32 pm
MWPollard wrote:
joeed2 wrote:And it has been clear from Day 1 that Google Voice wasn't going to be made available to the Hub/Scout.
Might I ask when and how this was "made clear"? (question by southsound)
Not when on "Day 1" the Hub and Scout were the only devices Ooma had...

Michael is totally correct. You will find confirmation of this in an ooma blog entry from March 18:

ooma blog wrote:Now given that Google Voice already does so much, how does one make it better? For one, we make it a whole lot more convenient to use. With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can automatically show your Google Voice caller-ID when you make a call, no need to use the web site or call into Google Voice just to do that. You can also check your Google Voice messages with a touch of a button, just like using an answering machine. And with ooma, you don’t need to pick up your phone to hear who is calling. We’ll play the announcement and message over the speaker for you – pick up the phone only if you really want to answer. Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of switching to yet another new phone number, use your existing ooma number (or port your number to ooma) and we’ll forward it to Google Voice. Your friends and family will be none the wiser! You’ll still be able to answer calls at home thanks to the Instant Second Line.

Did I mention that the blog entry was from March 18, 2009??? Considering that the Telo was released on September 30th, 2009I think we can assume that the March blog was talking about the hub!
#58717 by bw1
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:25 am
southsound wrote:
MWPollard wrote:
joeed2 wrote:And it has been clear from Day 1 that Google Voice wasn't going to be made available to the Hub/Scout.
Might I ask when and how this was "made clear"? (question by southsound)
Not when on "Day 1" the Hub and Scout were the only devices Ooma had...

Michael is totally correct. You will find confirmation of this in an ooma blog entry from March 18:

ooma blog wrote:Now given that Google Voice already does so much, how does one make it better? For one, we make it a whole lot more convenient to use. With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can automatically show your Google Voice caller-ID when you make a call, no need to use the web site or call into Google Voice just to do that. You can also check your Google Voice messages with a touch of a button, just like using an answering machine. And with ooma, you don’t need to pick up your phone to hear who is calling. We’ll play the announcement and message over the speaker for you – pick up the phone only if you really want to answer. Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of switching to yet another new phone number, use your existing ooma number (or port your number to ooma) and we’ll forward it to Google Voice. Your friends and family will be none the wiser! You’ll still be able to answer calls at home thanks to the Instant Second Line.

Did I mention that the blog entry was from March 18, 2009??? Considering that the Telo was released on September 30th, 2009I think we can assume that the March blog was talking about the hub!

They also announced the Telo in January of 2010 -
https://www.ooma.com/blog/2010/01/
https://www.ooma.com/media/press-release ... one-system

What is it they say about "assume"? ;)