Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#57921 by fredpb
Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 pm
I have the ooma Core.

I asked telephone support to make sure my callerid works on outgoing calls...so people I call can see my NAME. My friends have not been picking up after they see the "out of area" message on their caller id screen.

It has been over a week. If I do not get this working, it is no good to me, so I will return the ooma to the store before the 30 day return period expires. I emailed ooma this info.

Is their any way to "nudge" ooma ?
#57925 by southsound
Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 pm
fredpb wrote:I have the ooma Core.

I asked telephone support to make sure my callerid works on outgoing calls...so people I call can see my NAME. My friends have not been picking up after they see the "out of area" message on their caller id screen.

It has been over a week. If I do not get this working, it is no good to me, so I will return the ooma to the store before the 30 day return period expires. I emailed ooma this info.

Is their any way to "nudge" ooma ?

No. I had an ooma number on my hub for over a year. It never showed my name - just unavailable. I had at least 4 open tickets, all closed by ooma, and it never changed. I got my new Telo back in August. Within a week it showed my name! I called support and asked if they could "clone" the information. I've long since retired the hub and transfered the number to my Telo. My main number shows my name - the old number, well, not so much. I don't worry about it much as most of my friends realize that my name doesn't come up with some calls. The good news is that call quality is stellar. My service is virtually free. The service is reliable and consistantly meets or exceeds my expectations. With all of that, I can live with the Cname problem.

By the way, welcome to ooma and to the forums! I think you'll like it here! :cool: