Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#57832 by fredpb
Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 am
I have a small Alphashield hardware firewall.

My main internet for LAN goes through the firewall.

The Hub uses the aux port (output is not firewalled or controlled.

My DSL modem recognizes it and gives it an addy of 192.168.2.3 . The router is 192.168.2.2 .

The DSL modem is firewalled, and acts as a router too.

I am trying to access the Hub, using my computer in the local LAN created by the router.

The Hub is outside/before the router, after the DSL modem. Hub uses DHCP to access DSL modem.

I can't figure out how to access the Hub.

I think perhaps I have to use the HOME lan port on the Hub. But where to I put it???? I have a switch after the router I can plug into.

Help?
#57853 by tommies
Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:22 pm
fredpb wrote:I have a small Alphashield hardware firewall.

My main internet for LAN goes through the firewall.

The Hub uses the aux port (output is not firewalled or controlled.

My DSL modem recognizes it and gives it an addy of 192.168.2.3 . The router is 192.168.2.2 .

The DSL modem is firewalled, and acts as a router too.

I am trying to access the Hub, using my computer in the local LAN created by the router.

The Hub is outside/before the router, after the DSL modem. Hub uses DHCP to access DSL modem.

Help?

You can put the hub HOME port ip address into its own DMZ, then you can access the setup page from with in your LAN using the hub MODEM port ip (in your case it 192.168.2.3)

Remainder: you need to make sure that your router in the modem is working and protect the hub from outside world.

PS.
this is for the old hub (sturdy white box with real buttons) The DMZ with not work with the new Telo (black & shinny with touch "button")