Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#57732 by kdmc69
Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:35 am
My setup is Modem -> router -> Telo. I have been using http://172.27.35.1 to access the setup page for months now. About 3 days ago I could no longer get to the setup page. I thought maybe my forwarding had gotten blown away, so I hooked a laptop up to the Telo and was able to access setup.com with no problem. To my surprise nothing had changed with my data. I did remove the data for port 80 and input it again. But, I still cannot get to the setup page as I use to. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.
#57740 by murphy
Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:13 am
kdmc69 wrote:My setup is Modem -> router -> Telo. I have been using http://172.27.35.1 to access the setup page for months now. About 3 days ago I could no longer get to the setup page. I thought maybe my forwarding had gotten blown away, so I hooked a laptop up to the Telo and was able to access setup.com with no problem. To my surprise nothing had changed with my data. I did remove the data for port 80 and input it again. But, I still cannot get to the setup page as I use to. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.

In that configuration, with port 80 forwarded, you access setup using the IP address that the router assigned to ooma.
#57764 by kdmc69
Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 am
murphy wrote:
kdmc69 wrote:My setup is Modem -> router -> Telo. I have been using http://172.27.35.1 to access the setup page for months now. About 3 days ago I could no longer get to the setup page. I thought maybe my forwarding had gotten blown away, so I hooked a laptop up to the Telo and was able to access setup.com with no problem. To my surprise nothing had changed with my data. I did remove the data for port 80 and input it again. But, I still cannot get to the setup page as I use to. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.

In that configuration, with port 80 forwarded, you access setup using the IP address that the router assigned to ooma.

Murphy,
172.27.35.1 is the IP address assigned to the home port of my Telo. I have been using that address to get to setup.com for many months now. I've changed nothing, but all of a sudden I can't seem to access it unless I hook my laptop to the home port . Any thoughts??
Thanks.
#57773 by southsound
Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:55 am
I don't know what may or may not have changed, but using the 172.27.35.1 IP addeess should NEVER have worked from anywhere except the Home Network port unless you were placing that IP in the DMZ. This used to work but has not in months and was never a great idea. Why not try what murphy suggested? With the port forward rule in effect, try accessing setup using the IP that your router has assigned the Telo. That is how many of us successfully connect to our setup screen.
#57784 by kdmc69
Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:20 pm
southsound wrote:I don't know what may or may not have changed, but using the 172.27.35.1 IP addeess should NEVER have worked from anywhere except the Home Network port unless you were placing that IP in the DMZ. This used to work but has not in months and was never a great idea. Why not try what murphy suggested? With the port forward rule in effect, try accessing setup using the IP that your router has assigned the Telo. That is how many of us successfully connect to our setup screen.

South,
Where can I find that IP address? In my router, if so what do I look for?
Thanks.
#58205 by bw1
Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:07 am
Yes, in your router configuration. It should be listed under something like "device list" and should be assigned an IP address of 192.168.0.? or 192.168.1.?, but this depends on your router and how it's configured.
#58232 by kdmc69
Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:20 pm
Thanks everyone. I'm sorry, but I've been away from it for a while. I did go into the router and found the IP address I need to use to access my.ooma.com.
I appreciate the help. :D
#58295 by scargo
Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:26 pm
I couldn't access it either until I hooked up my computer to the ooma telo home network port on the back of ooma. You might have to reboot (i didn't have to reboot) check your computer Internet access after you switch your Ethernet cord. It should work , then you can go to setup.ooma.com