Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#57495 by DMRNYC
Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:11 am
I have had a Telo since March, which has generally worked fine. Yesterday around 6 AM, the Telo began blinking red, and I lost my signal. I unplugged the unit, waited a few moments, plugged the unit in again, and all was well.

Today, the same thing occurred, but this time I had no success in getting the unit up and running.

Please advise as to next steps.

Thank you,

David
#57498 by Fredp
Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:00 am
I had the same exact thing happen to me. Yesterday the light was blinking red and I reset it and it was ok. This morning the light was blinking red and I can not reset it. I tried resetting the modem, the Telo and my computer. My internet works fine so I do not believe it is a signal problem.

I did get on my computer an error stating that there is a conflict with my IP address.

Fred
#57500 by leejosepho
Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 am
I recently read something here about the blinking red light possibly indicating "Do Not Disturb" while an update is in progress, but I have no way to know how you would know whether that is what you have going on.
#57503 by DMRNYC
Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 am
I just checked with customer support. They said that there was no outage for any reason this morning (I also thought that there may have been an upgrade.) They claim they cannot do remote diagnostics unless I am with my device, and I am currently at work away from my device.

Fredp:

What are you doing in response?

Thanks all,

David
#57511 by DTMF
Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:07 am
In my experience, the light blinks red while the Telo's firmware is being updated. It might be best to wait 20 minutes or so before removing your Telo from power. Cutting power in the middle of a firmware update is generally a good way to turn any piece of hardware into a useless brick. :shock:
#57519 by DMRNYC
Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:55 am
DTMF wrote:In my experience, the light blinks red while the Telo's firmware is being updated. It might be best to wait 20 minutes or so before removing your Telo from power. Cutting power in the middle of a firmware update is generally a good way to turn any piece of hardware into a useless brick. :shock:

I understand. As I mentioned above, Customer Support indicated that there were no updates yesterday or today.

I do have good news to report, though. My Telo is again working. I am not home, and I don't understand why or what happened.

Good luck, Fredp
#57525 by DMRNYC
Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:29 am
Fredp wrote:Same here. Somehow the unit fixed itself and is working.

If I were a betting man, I would strongly put my chips into the firmware upgrade basket, even though customer support told me otherwise, particularly since two of us experienced this issue.
#57526 by ntoy
Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 am
Hello DMRNYC,

Yes, your box was updated. Now, firmware updates are rolled out in random batches. Meaning not all Ooma systems active on the network are updated on the same day. It make take up to a week to complete.