Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#57359 by perico
Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:48 pm
Hey, this is pretty weird. When I'm on the web and a phone call comes in, my internet connection seems to freeze.
I had the cable company come out and replace the cable modem, but it still happens. I could be on the web doing
something and all of a sudden, phone call, no web connection... my PC shows that the wireless hub is trying to connect
to the main router. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to do so, other times it takes forever and I have to go and reset everything electrically. Anybody ever see this, or have any idea what to do? Thanx. ;)
#57362 by southsound
Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:58 pm
I've seen it lots of times when a person has a 2.4ghz or even a 5.8ghz system. If that is what you are using, you need to know that they operate in the same band as your wireless connection. I have a Plantronics cordless headset that can take WiFI down across my entire home. Try testing with a corded phone or with a newer DECT 6.0 cordless. The Uniden 1580-5 system I have has 5 handsets and only cost me about $80 at Staples during a sale.

(Yes, I know that 5.8ghz sounds like it should not be a problem but most use a 2.4ghz signal channel.)
#57365 by perico
Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:27 pm
Wow, that's interesting. I would never have thought of that. I am due for a phone upgrade anyway so I will look for a DECT 6 system such the Uniden you mentioned. Apparently other devices could interfere with it as well so I planned ahead and kept the main OOMA system away from those, but I didn't think of the phone itself. Great advice! Thanks!