Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#57240 by jacque
Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 am
This showed up in my missed calls: +254-714648483

I think the plus means an international call but aren't there too many digits? And +254 is the international prefix for Kenya. Kenya?? Don't know anyone there. Has the Nigerian scam moved to the phone system? If I missed receiving several million dollars I'll be upset. :)
#57243 by DTMF
Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 am
I got a call the other night from Jamaica (according to the Caller ID text) advising me that they were calling from "the Lottery Office." It appears that some formerly email-only scams are moving to the telephone. :P
#57268 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 pm
I'd say "blacklist that SOB ASAP." :D
#57269 by southsound
Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:07 pm
jacque wrote:+254 is the international prefix for Kenya. Kenya??

Maybe they just want to send you some nice coffee beans. I understand they grow some great coffee in Kenya. UMMMMM, coffee. :P
#57276 by dsinternet
Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:46 pm
When I make a phone call from my Ipod Touch using Vonages App the outgoing called ID is very long. Sometimes 18+ numbers. It's a Touch with a mic, so it does not have a real caller ID. Maybe someone was calling you using there IPod Touch.
#57306 by jacque
Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 pm
dsinternet wrote:When I make a phone call from my Ipod Touch using Vonages App the outgoing called ID is very long. Sometimes 18+ numbers. It's a Touch with a mic, so it does not have a real caller ID. Maybe someone was calling you using there IPod Touch.

I didn't know that. Could you give an example of a typical iPod caller ID (don't use your real number of course.) I didn't answer the call because it looked so weird, but if it was real I'd like to know what those look like.

If it really was coffee beans they were calling about, I'm sorry I didn't pick up. :)
#57308 by dsinternet
Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:07 pm
I just dialed my home phone number using vonage on my IPod Touch and this is the number that came up. I don't know if the number means anything so I changed 3 of the numbers in case it does have some meaning.
Unavailable
This number filled up the whole screen, so I think the real number might even be longer.
#57371 by jacque
Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:27 pm
Thanks. That's just...weird. Interesting, but weird. Haven't a clue what that number might be, but it's good to know about, what with all the iPods around these days.