Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#3574 by Orange
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:43 am
Hi everyone:

I'm new to ooma and loving it.
I still have a vonage number I would like to port but the
decision depends on how long it takes to port.

What is the current porting time frame from Vonage to ooma?

Could you tell me exactly how many days it took to port a
Vonage number to ooma after you faxed or emailed the LOA
to ooma??

Thank you for sharing your experience
Last edited by Orange on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#3576 by murphy
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:52 am
I ported a secondary phone number from Vonage. I emailed the LOA and copy of my phone bill on January 27. I received an acknowledgment of receipt of the LOA 7 days later. The port was completed on February 20. I did not receive an email telling me the scheduled port date. Vonage removed the ported phone number from my account on February 24. I did not contact Vonage at all during the process. My primary Vonage number is still in service. I will cancel it a few days before the end of the billing month since they won't refund the unused balance.
#4271 by hwgang
Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 am
My LOA paperwork was completed on Jan. 29th. My number ported from Vonage on March 2nd. I have a second port pending but no date yet. We had to call Vonage to get them to release the line. We did that on March 3rd or 4th. Other users suggest that Vonage will eventually do it on their own, but we were a bit confused so we called. I've ported between other carriers before and I've never had to call the carrier I was leaving. It was instantaneous.

Interestingly, my Vonage account gives the details of my porting to them: Initiated in early April, 2005. Completed in mid-July!