Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#56544 by t4feb
Mon May 24, 2010 4:36 pm
First I want to say I am going on my second year with ooma I have the hub and scout which has been working flawless. I just got back from a trip to put my Mother to rest only to find out that my second number is ringing through my phone that is hooked up to the main number. I had someone call my second number to check it and it rang on the home phone which is the main number. Now I am confused because it seems all the updates that has been put out is focused on the telo system and not the hub and scout and the people that have been faithful with ooma before the telo came out is getting the shaft do to the telo system. I do not understand why all of a sudden I start having problems with my hub and scout. I hope this problem can be fixed real soon or I will be another one that jumps ship with ooma. I have two numbers for a reason and have paid up to date. Please fix this problem or you leave me no choice but to find another company to deal with.. Thank you ooma
#56557 by denny
Mon May 24, 2010 8:15 pm
I have been finding the same sort of thing happening with my ooma hub. Over the past few months, I have found all sorts of strange things like this happening. Sometimes when I hang up, something shifts to the 2nd line, and I can't dial out or receive calls. When I try dialing out it just says the instant 2nd line is available only with Ooma premier, and the only way I've found to get it working again is to pull the plug on the hub and plug it back in so it resets.

Hey, Ooma, can you please give us the option (in the Ooma Lounge) to restore the firmware to the version that was in effect 3 months ago (which worked flawlessly since I bought my ooma box a couple years ago), and then also have the option to opt out of automatic upgrades?

Thanks!
Denny
#56932 by ktinca
Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm
Hi,

I notice that the HUB Version is now 37120.37120, which I think was updated in the past couple of weeks or so.

Why are there not release notes for the HUB? Was PureVoice added to the Hub?

Thanks.
#56933 by allo
Fri May 28, 2010 5:02 pm
ktinca wrote:Hi,

I notice that the HUB Version is now 37120.37120, which I think was updated in the past couple of weeks or so.

Thanks.

Interesting!
Mine says: Device Status - Rev: 33454.33454
#56937 by ajw522
Fri May 28, 2010 6:19 pm
allo wrote:
ktinca wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

Interesting!
Mine says: Device Status - Rev: 33454.33454

Same here.
#57001 by ktinca
Sat May 29, 2010 5:07 pm
I verified my HUB version and it says

Device Status - Rev: 37120.37120

The previous version was what you guys have quoted.
#57009 by denny
Sat May 29, 2010 10:31 pm
My phone doesn't work very well now.

When I call out, it rings for a very long time. When they finally get on the line, they tell me they tried answering but no one could hear anything, so they called me back. All this time, I just heard the ringing and they finally answered.

When people try calling me, they rarely get through. What's wrong, Ooma? I think the problem is the updates they are pushing out. Does anyone know if there is a way to restore the original firmware? And then is there a way to NOT get automatic updates?

-Denny