Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#56492 by harvey
Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 am
I am trying to hook up Netflix streaming to my TV. Anyone done this ?? My modem has only one ethernet port. I am also setting up Homeplugs to extend my connecttions to any room using my electrical wiring in my house..
#56496 by Tiger5353
Mon May 24, 2010 10:51 am
harvey wrote:I am trying to hook up Netflix streaming to my TV. Anyone done this ?? My modem has only one ethernet port. I am also setting up Homeplugs to extend my connecttions to any room using my electrical wiring in my house..

Harvey first of all i hope you have better luck with the homeplugs then i did. I got them to work at first but about every day or so they lost connection and i had to unplug and re-plug them back in to get them to work again. Wireless is not an option either for streaming. I ended up running Ethernet calling to my living room. After i did that no problem.

I assume that your tv is able to receive Netflix streaming directly. If not then you will need either the box that netflix sells or a computer with media center on it.

Hope this helps and good luck
#56510 by hpepper
Mon May 24, 2010 1:04 pm
I stream Netflix to my Samsung Bluray player to my TV. I did the same thing - ran a wire to my family room where the TV and equipment is located. It works great.

My friend tried the Homeplug and had a difficult time getting it to work well.

Also, if you only have one Ethernet port from your modem, just get a simple router with extra ports. This will allow NAT (Network Address Translation) to anything plugged into it. This will assign an IP address to each item. If you want, you could get a wirless router and it will give you wireless capability if you want to add a wireless device such as a laptop. (This all assumes you don't already have wireless built in to the modem.)
#56559 by FreePhone
Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm
I have the Monster Powernet 200's and they work great. The only issues I have are that they randomly turn on and off several of my touch sensitive lamps.