Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#56139 by lbmofo
Thu May 20, 2010 9:16 am
robl45 wrote:and this was exactly what ooma wasn't supposed to be charging for. at this point, i'll probably get a nettalk, its the number porting with ooma that interests me, but the fees are obscene. first nothing, then 1 dollar a month, then over 3 dollars a month, thats what 300% increase already?


robl45, if you go get a Core, you'll won't be charged any tax.

Technologist wrote:RadioShack version is still without fees...just make sure it says so on the box.

and it is on sale this week for $199.95.


Technologist is right, Radio Shack is out of stock online but you can find them in local stores by clicking on "Find in Store." I just called one and they say that it is on sale for $199.99. Go get'em while they last.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=3615320
#56145 by caseybea
Thu May 20, 2010 9:38 am
I purchased a CORE in late 2009, activated early 2010, and haven't paint a CENT since.

I not only prefer the business model of the original core, I personally think the TELO is junk.

If you can find a core, go fo it. :D
#56151 by sfhub
Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 am
robl45 wrote:yea, okay, well i was right before, and i'll bet I'll be right again, you will be paying increased rates very soon, because once your info is on file and they can charge you, they will just keep doing it. they can't do it on hub and scout because they never got card information from people and authorization to do it.

Not sure how you were "right before"? The people who bought their products were given what they were promised. Are you saying that your prediction is that costs will go up over time for new customers (ie inflation)? You could make that generic claim for anything as it is a close 3rd behind death and taxes.

As long as Ooma gives their customers what they promised, I don't see an issue. Their pricing model for new customers might not be as attractive, but they have the right to offer different products and services over time as they see fit to run their business. The important thing is they aren't doing a bait-and-switch. They are saying you early adopters got a good deal and we will honor what we promised.

Why would having or not having card info have any effect on what they planned to do? *Putting legal aspects aside*, if they truly wanted to raise rates, they could just force you to enter card info for the new rates or terminate service. The legal aspects are of course present regardless of whether they have your card info or not.
Last edited by sfhub on Thu May 20, 2010 10:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
#56152 by sfhub
Thu May 20, 2010 10:20 am
murphy wrote:
sfhub wrote:Could you give me a zip that results in $1/mo ($12/year)?

If you are in the $11.75 per year category, the zip code application doesn't apply to you. It only applies to those that bought their unit after April 1 and are subject to monthly fees.

He specifically said "in my part of the country" which means he is doing a comparison based on location/zip, not based on product. He confirmed that in the next post.

DTMF wrote:
sfhub wrote:Could you give me a zip that results in $1/mo ($12/year)?

Thanks
Mine used to be in that category. It seems to have changed. I tried a dozen other zips around the country and got the same $3.47. Guess these fees are Federal. :cry:


I understand the difference and why people get $0, $11.75, or monthly RRF.

There was a claim that in at least one part of the country the monthly RRF was $1/mo. I just wanted to know what part of the country that was because I've never been able to find one that low.
Last edited by sfhub on Thu May 20, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
#56153 by Groundhound
Thu May 20, 2010 10:28 am
The zip code based fee checker does not know what kind of unit you have or when you bought it. It assumes a Telo purchased after April 1 for everyone, and because of this it is wrong for most current users.
#56188 by jacque
Thu May 20, 2010 3:21 pm
I'm moving from a $70/month Qwest bill to a $3.47/month Ooma tax fee. I don't care if that's a 300% increase. I'm also signed up for premier, which will bring my monthly total to a whopping $13.46/month. I'm just outraged, how dare they cut my bill by 81%!
#56201 by lbmofo
Thu May 20, 2010 5:42 pm
jacque wrote:I'm moving from a $70/month Qwest bill to a $3.47/month Ooma tax fee. I don't care if that's a 300% increase. I'm also signed up for premier, which will bring my monthly total to a whopping $13.46/month. I'm just outraged, how dare they cut my bill by 81%!

LOL
#56246 by caseybea
Fri May 21, 2010 6:32 am
Groundhound wrote:The zip code based fee checker does not know what kind of unit you have or when you bought it. It assumes a Telo purchased after April 1 for everyone, and because of this it is wrong for most current users.

Where exactly, do I find the "zip code bades fee checker" ? I'd like to see what my fee(s) would be, should I ever have to move to a telo
#56247 by lbmofo
Fri May 21, 2010 6:46 am
caseybea wrote:
Groundhound wrote:The zip code based fee checker does not know what kind of unit you have or when you bought it. It assumes a Telo purchased after April 1 for everyone, and because of this it is wrong for most current users.

Where exactly, do I find the "zip code bades fee checker" ? I'd like to see what my fee(s) would be, should I ever have to move to a telo

I think ooma has been xfering RRF status when you change device, Core included.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests