Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#56110 by robl45
Thu May 20, 2010 5:51 am
ROFL, everytime i come back and I'm ready to purchase, there are more fees on this thing, I was okay with the 12 bucks a year, but now its up to close to 4 bucks a month for my location. its funny because when I said before that opening the door to fees would lead to higher and higher fees, people told me I was nuts. looks like ooma is going the same way as any other company, will just keep increasing and increasing.

so the question is, if I buy a hub and scout combo, will it still be free?
#56111 by Groundhound
Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 am
robl45 wrote:ROFL, everytime i come back and I'm ready to purchase, there are more fees on this thing, I was okay with the 12 bucks a year, but now its up to close to 4 bucks a month for my location. its funny because when I said before that opening the door to fees would lead to higher and higher fees, people told me I was nuts. looks like ooma is going the same way as any other company, will just keep increasing and increasing.

so the question is, if I buy a hub and scout combo, will it still be free?

In general, what it says on your retail outer box is what you will have. There's lots of discussion on the forums about this so searching will probably turn up any specific answers you seek.

For anyone who may wonder how someone who is not yet a customer was able to join the forum, Ooma briefly opened registration to anyone in October of last year. The influx of spammers and trolls quickly made them reverse that decision.
#56118 by DTMF
Thu May 20, 2010 6:59 am
robl45 wrote:ROFL, everytime i come back and I'm ready to purchase, there are more fees on this thing, I was okay with the 12 bucks a year, but now its up to close to 4 bucks a month for my location.
Blame it on the government where you live. They're the ones imposing the taxes and fees. In my part of the country, we're still paying the 12 bucks. :cool:
#56125 by DTMF
Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 am
sfhub wrote:Could you give me a zip that results in $1/mo ($12/year)?

Thanks
Mine used to be in that category. It seems to have changed. I tried a dozen other zips around the country and got the same $3.47. Guess these fees are Federal. :cry:
#56127 by robl45
Thu May 20, 2010 8:04 am
and this was exactly what ooma wasn't supposed to be charging for. at this point, i'll probably get a nettalk, its the number porting with ooma that interests me, but the fees are obscene. first nothing, then 1 dollar a month, then over 3 dollars a month, thats what 300% increase already?
#56131 by sfhub
Thu May 20, 2010 8:44 am
If you had signed up when you originally wanted to, Ooma would still be charging you nothing or the second time you resonsidered, $11.75. That they had to raise prices on new customers is the cost of doing business. I think they are doing the right thing by honoring the prices they advertised with on their earlier products.
#56133 by robl45
Thu May 20, 2010 8:52 am
sfhub wrote:If you had signed up when you originally wanted to, Ooma would still be charging you nothing or the second time you resonsidered, $11.75. That they had to raise prices on new customers is the cost of doing business. I think they are doing the right thing by honoring the prices they advertised with on their earlier products.


yea, okay, well i was right before, and i'll bet I'll be right again, you will be paying increased rates very soon, because once your info is on file and they can charge you, they will just keep doing it. they can't do it on hub and scout because they never got card information from people and authorization to do it.
#56135 by murphy
Thu May 20, 2010 8:54 am
sfhub wrote:Could you give me a zip that results in $1/mo ($12/year)?

Thanks

If you are in the $11.75 per year category, the zip code application doesn't apply to you. It only applies to those that bought their unit after April 1 and are subject to monthly fees.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests