Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#3526 by jack_bauer
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 pm
My current setup is the ooma hub with a landline.
My problem is that when I hear my call waiting tone I press the flash button, then I hear nothing. I don't really know what's happening here. I always press the flash button right when the tone comes on. This is so weird.
#3591 by Dennis P
Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:39 pm
If you are getting call-waiting from the landline (as opposed to the ooma), you can't answer the second call because ooma intercepts the flash for the Instant Second Line. The ooma box can be configured to "pass-through" the flash instead, but that means you won't be able to use the flash key for the Instant Second Line. If you want me configure this for you, I can do so. Just let me know. Soon you will be able to configure directly from the ooma Lounge.
#3615 by jack_bauer
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:49 pm
Yes! Please change this for me. Right now it's very important that I have the flash button connecting me to the second caller as opposed to the second line. So you say I can later change this back, so that way it can bring up the second line if I need it to? That's great! Thanks! Please let me know if you need info from me in order to complete this change. Thanks again!
#3672 by jack_bauer
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:58 pm
For anyone with this issue,
You can call support and request for them to configure your hub so that way the flash button connects you to the second caller, as opposed to the second line. I called just to make sure that my hub got configured, and it worked! I was on hold for about 20 minutes and I had to power cycle my hub, but it actually worked. Thanks Ooma!
#3867 by ucfthug4u
Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:57 am
Dennis, can you please set up my phone line with this settings. I don't plan to get 2nd line and I really want my flash button to work for call waiting. Thanks!

Dennis P wrote:If you are getting call-waiting from the landline (as opposed to the ooma), you can't answer the second call because ooma intercepts the flash for the Instant Second Line. The ooma box can be configured to "pass-through" the flash instead, but that means you won't be able to use the flash key for the Instant Second Line. If you want me configure this for you, I can do so. Just let me know. Soon you will be able to configure directly from the ooma Lounge.
#3884 by Bobby B
Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm
We should be releasing something hopefully by next week that'll allow you to enable/disable the "Flash Pass-Through" feature in the ooma Lounge directly if you don't want to dial into support.
#3894 by eggman
Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 pm
I was under the impression that Ooma could provide the call waiting feature with landline integration as a standard feature. However, it is not working on my phone (I'm a new customer). Like Caller ID, do I also need to order the call waiting service through my landline provider? I could not find this clearly explained in any of the documentation, unlike the caller ID feature which is clearly stated that you need to order that through the landline.

Additionally, if I upgrade to Ooma premier, it states that Ooma "provisions" my landline and will cancel those features which Ooma provides, such as call waiting, etc. Once the line is provisioned for the premier service, do I actually still have a landline, or is it 100% IP?

Any help?

Thanks.
#4551 by dlong
Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:23 pm
Bobby B wrote:We should be releasing something hopefully by next week that'll allow you to enable/disable the "Flash Pass-Through" feature in the ooma Lounge directly if you don't want to dial into support.

I'm wondering whether this Enable/disable the "Flash Pass-Through" feature has been released in the ooma lounge yet. I'd like to get call-waiting to work. ty
#4976 by jack_bauer
Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 pm
Just call the support phone number, they can do it for you. You might have to be on hold for about 20 min before you get someone on the phone. It will also probably take them about 5 hours to get someone to configure the hub.
#4983 by dlong
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:40 pm
Wowee, called and a pleasant guy answered within 7 MINUTES! Got a support ticket set up and should be all set sometime today (within an hour)! Thanks jack!
Last edited by dlong on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.