Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#55965 by goher
Tue May 18, 2010 5:52 pm
We already have an Ooma hub, and decided to buy another one with a Scout before they were no longer available. Wanted the old Hub/Scout vs. Telo. Found it on Amazon... supposedly New... shipped by Amazon. When the box arrived, it appears that everything has been opened before (box ripped, stickers repositioned). There also seem to be stickers giving the serial numbers etc. whereas on our old hub, they are printed directly on the box.

Does this mean we got a refurbished unit? Any definite way to tell?
#55972 by lbmofo
Tue May 18, 2010 7:10 pm
If the box looks like this:

It should be new. Maybe the shrink wrap (plastic wrap) got ripped and box got damaged but were the 2 black boxes inside round sticker tape sealed?
#58567 by anonymouse
Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:16 pm
I just received a 4th unit from Fry's that has no shrink wrap. I am going to return it as I do not believe it is new.

All 3 of the other units that I have purchased from two other stores have had shrink wrap on them. If true, I am very disappointed with Fry's - they may be shipping refurb units when they are supposed to be new!
#58728 by sfhub
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:00 am
If they have the outside packaging posted above, then they are probably returns rather refurbs.

The Fry's refurbs just have the black box you find inside the packaging listed above.

Returns are probably worse than refurbs, because they may have been activated, forcing you to go through hassles to get the unit activated like a new unit with new unit terms.