Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#55809 by zhodzic2
Mon May 17, 2010 5:47 pm
Hi, do I have to use oomas long distance service? They don't go to the country I call and I only pay 1.9 cents a minute with my current provider?
Thanks
#55814 by lbmofo
Mon May 17, 2010 5:57 pm
Your own means calling card? Yes, you can use a calling card.
#55815 by zhodzic2
Mon May 17, 2010 6:01 pm
we don't use a calling card. we have a separate company that deals with it. we dial their number then we dial the number were trying to reach
#55816 by dsinternet
Mon May 17, 2010 6:10 pm
My understanding is that you can only call countrys that are on Ooma's long distance list. You can always use a calling card. Can you get by with using Skype for that one country? Maybe Magic Jack would work for that country as well. These are not as good as Ooma, but maybe thats an easy and cheap work around until Ooma adds your country. What country are you trying to call? Maybe there is a way to request that Ooma adds it to their long distance. Do a little reseach and let us know what you find. I am sure someone on the forum can also help you reseach if we knew what country you are trying to call.
#55826 by lbmofo
Mon May 17, 2010 6:39 pm
zhodzic2 wrote:we don't use a calling card. we have a separate company that deals with it. we dial their number then we dial the number were trying to reach

Then, you'd be calling the same way using ooma. Unless you have prepaid balance, ooma won't let you dial internationally so if your old way of dialing your country works with ooma, then, you are good to go.