Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#55633 by theo1958
Sat May 15, 2010 11:26 am
Today I tested the gadget sold by an outfit in Canada. You simply plug your rotary phone into one jack on the black box and run another line to OOMA. I use a line splitter so I can run a Panasonic handset, a fax, and now my old rotary phones. It's only 50.00, a small price to pay to use and hear your vintage phones once again usable.

There were no misdialings, and all phones rang strong.

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/pulse-to-t ... erter.html
#55642 by southsound
Sat May 15, 2010 12:42 pm
Great find! I've not managed to keep all of my old phones due to poor planning and too much stuff - but if I still had them, this would be like finding a candystore for a kid with money in his/her jeans!
#55698 by coldsteel
Sun May 16, 2010 10:37 am
Just curious - do those old phones RING with OOMA as well? I've got a couple of the old Western Electrics around somewhere as well - they were/are more comfortable for longer phone calls.
#55699 by Groundhound
Sun May 16, 2010 10:59 am
coldsteel wrote:Just curious - do those old phones RING with OOMA as well? I've got a couple of the old Western Electrics around somewhere as well - they were/are more comfortable for longer phone calls.

I've an old rotary dial phone that does ring with Ooma with no extra gadgets needed. I did have to set the clapper spring tension to the lesser of two settings inside the phone before it would work. The "spring" in this case is just a bowed wire that has two slots at one end that define how much "bow" there is. Good for inbound calls only unless I decide to go for one of the rotary-TT converters.
#63044 by StingRay
Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 pm
Hi Theo1598,

I received my pulse-to-tone converter box from oldphoneworks.com (model#: LPT310) and I have problem getting it to work with my Ooma Hub and wonder how you configured yours? Later I will post a new thread with the same question if I could not get it to work but I am hoping you can shed some lights to my problem.

The problem I have is when someone calls, ooma will only ring once then it disconnects the caller. It never gets a second ring. Correct dialing is not 100% accurate, when I try calling my cell phone, sometimes my cell phone rings other times, it reaches other people's phones.

Below is my current setup with the converter box:
I plug the rotary phone into the converter box's phone port and the Wall Port from the converter into the Ooma Hub's Phone port.

OOMA HUB (Phone Port) <-- (Wall Port) PULSE-TO-TONE CONVERTER (Phone Port) --> Rotary phone

P.S. Are you using a OOMA HUB or OOMA TELO?

Thanks!
#63046 by southsound
Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm
Just in case Theo1598 isn't monitoring the forum recently, why not click the little envelope below his name and send him a message - that way you can tap into his expertise.

Lest I forget, welcome to ooma and to the forum! :cool: