Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#55271 by bitco
Tue May 11, 2010 8:44 am
I am porting a landline number from AT&T. The port has been requested to OOMA. I read a post about porting a number from AT&T but I can no longer find it after much searching. The route I am following is to request stand-alone DSL on the day the number port is to go through. The post I saw said to order this stand-alone DSL seperately online and have it activated on the day the port is to go through. Do I order it as though I am a new customer? Any help is appreciated.
#55863 by dyoutsey
Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 am
I am requesting a dry loop from ATT. They said it would take 5-10 days w/out the internet working. Well Enough. My question is: After the internet comes back on, I can process my request for my old landline #, send Ooma a letter of authorization, then Ooma can process my request with ATT. Ooma says that it will take upwards of 3-4 weeks. What do I do about a online, Ooma phone# until then? Will they assign me a temporary number until my land line number becomes available? Or will I be without service for 1 month or more. Seems like a lengthy process to me.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Dave
#55895 by lbmofo
Tue May 18, 2010 10:06 am
Seems that you haven't actiavted your ooma device yet? I'd choose the option of "pick a temp number until port."
The port usually takes about 2 weeks so I'd activate your ooma device if you still have internet and get the port process started.