Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#55151 by playsccr
Mon May 10, 2010 8:40 am
i currently have the original ooma hub with an unused scout...

i would like to add a line to this set up, how do i do this??

this like would be used as a fax/talking line and would be used at the same time as my "first line"

can i do this by simply adding by unused scout??

do i have to add any services with ooma??

i would prefer not to upgrade to a new ooma system.

thanks in advance.
#55154 by Groundhound
Mon May 10, 2010 8:51 am
You must be a Premier subscriber to have a second line, which is included automatically with Premier. You can have two calls in progress simultaneously with one phone connected to your Scout and the other phone connected to your Hub. If you wish to have a second number (numbers and lines are not the same thing), you can set this up in my.ooma for your Premier account at no additional charge, beyond what you pay for Premier.
#55155 by playsccr
Mon May 10, 2010 8:52 am
thank you; i would like to import a second line from ATT, so i would need to use my scout and get premier for this???
#55157 by Groundhound
Mon May 10, 2010 8:56 am
playsccr wrote:thank you; i would like to import a second line from ATT, so i would need to use my scout and get premier for this???

You can port your second number from AT&T and use it with your Scout. There is a charge for porting a number but it is included if you pay for a full year of Premier.
#55175 by murphy
Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 am
A fax machine will not work connected to a scout.
It has to be connected to the hub.
#55178 by southsound
Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 am
A call to ooma's support line will allow you to have the two numbers reversed so your fax number is on the hub and the original number is on the scout. I think that you could also accomplish this as part of the port process, but since I have never ported a number to ooma I can't tell you exactly how it works - it may require an email to the porting group to let them know how you want the numbers assigned.
#55180 by ntoy
Mon May 10, 2010 11:05 am
Hello,

Currently your account reflects core status. Yes, to have 2 lines, you can
call our support line to port a 2nd number if you choose.