Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#54992 by thomaar
Sat May 08, 2010 6:47 am
I have been having trouble with my Ooma for some time now and if I leave it unplugged for over 4 hours and then plug it back in it works for about 24 hours. then either a get a blinking ooma light or the 4 solid lights on line 1 & 2 and the envelope and other light. I called ooma, but I had just plugged the phone back in and it worked fine. Ooma told me to call back when i started having trouble again. I called the 888-711-6662 and it said the number was disconnected. WTF, hours are supposed to be 8 to 6 so I will try again later.
#54996 by southsound
Sat May 08, 2010 8:02 am
The ooma support number works just fine from my landline. Are you sure you didn't mis-dial? Usually when they are closed you get a message that states that and asks you to call back.

Also - if you are calling from your ooma system and have not set up 10-digit dialing, you need to dial a 1 before dialing the number (as you do from any system that does not have 10-digit dialing.) You can verify how your system is configured by going to my.ooma.com and selecting Preferences then System. Verify the check box is set to your preference and click SAVE. Changes take about 10 minutes and may require a reboot of your system to force it to pick up the new profile.

If you change (edit) your post title to something like "Ooma loses connectivity every 24 hours" I'll be one of our network experts will see it and give you an answer - probably even faster than ooma support.
#55034 by daet
Sat May 08, 2010 1:11 pm
southsound wrote:The ooma support number works just fine from my landline. Are you sure you didn't mis-dial? Usually when they are closed you get a message that states that and asks you to call back.[/color]

It wasn't working earlier today; I got the same message as thomaar, and I checked right after I saw his/her post.

DG
#55070 by sfhub
Sun May 09, 2010 6:52 am
It looks like it was only having troubles for a brief period because it started working within a few hours. Could have been some migration that had temporary down time or just a brief glitch.