Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#54813 by raxxal
Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am
I have the TELO, I am able to send FAXes out but I am not able to get FAXes in. Any idea? The phone not even rings!
#54820 by sfhub
Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 am
Are incoming voice calls coming through? If incoming calls are not working, it sounds like either you have a configuration problem or Ooma's provider hasn't provisioned things properly.
#54889 by highq
Thu May 06, 2010 12:27 pm
Tiger5353, if raxxal can send faxes, then to which port do you suppose the fax is connected?
#54949 by Tiger5353
Fri May 07, 2010 10:27 am
I was thinking he might have his fax machine still connected to a pots line by accident. Which would allow him to send faxes (if the pots line is still working) but not allow him to receive faxes if someone is using his telo number to try sending him a fax (this would also explain his phone on the fax machine not ringing). So I was trying to see if he did indeed have his fax machine plugged into the telo.

highq wrote:Tiger5353, if raxxal can send faxes, then to which port do you suppose the fax is connected?
#55706 by oomg
Sun May 16, 2010 1:15 pm
Since problems with faxing documents seem to be a recurring issue, I will repeat from another post:

IMHO, with the ability to attach a document to an email in PDF format, a fax machine is almost obsolete. However, there are occasions when I must use a fax to send or receive documents.

So, I am currently using the OneSuite efax system. Only $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming to one email address. They even provide a dedicated fax number If you think you need more, go for their $2.95 per month deal. Unlimited incoming faxes to as many as 5 email addresses, plus outgoing at 2.5 cents per page. Upon delivery of the fax, a copy with delivery confirmation is returned to your designated emal. You will need a scanner as outgoing copies use a pdf file to attach to the cover page. Very easy to use, and inexpensive as well. See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp[/quote]