Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#53728 by hallerec1
Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 pm
I had my telo all setup and it was working good for a month or so. I was moving stuff around and unplugged it for about 10 minutes or so and now it will not work. I had it set up hooked directly to my cable modem (comcast) and then from the telo to my router. When I plug in the unit, the one and two light come on solid blue for about 30 seconds. They go out and the trash can and voicemail then light up blue for about thirty seconds. The bottom row then lights up blue and pulsate then go out. My ooma logo then lights up red and pulsating. It pulsates faster and faster then goes out. Blue ooma logo doesn't come on and the sequence then repeats over and over again. I tried switching everything around and plugging the unit into my router instead of directly into my cable modem but same results. Any help or feedback would be a great help. Customer service was not able to resolve the issue for me. I want to stress again, unit was working great. After being powered down for a bit it just stopped working for me.
#53733 by tommies
Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm
Cable modem remembers the device which were last connected to it. Actually, it remember the MAC address of the connected device.

After moving thing around you need to reset/reboot the cable modem before connecting the next device (telo in your case) reboot the telo too while connect it to the modem. The same goes for the router (wait for telo fully up, then connect the router--reboot it)
#53757 by hallerec1
Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 am
I tried that and was hopeful but no joy, still getting the flashing red and no service. Any other ideas? Customer service are idiots, I think they just read off of cards. I am getting the feeling I just wasted some serious cash.
#53760 by Groundhound
Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:16 am
Check your connections between modem and Telo. What model modem do you have? If you can access http://setup.ooma.com from a computer connected to the Telo's home network port, go to the network page and change the setting "MODEM Port MAC Address" to "Use Built in", save and then reboot the modem, then the Telo.
#53982 by hallerec1
Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:16 pm
Ok I tried that but I cannot get the page to display, the computer will not identify the device either. That is probably why. Computer says the device has limited connectivity. Any ideas?
#53985 by Shawn
Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 pm
Does not sound like you are getting the internet. Connect your computer directly to the modem and verify that first. Than make sure the cable from the modem is connect to the correct port in the telo. Try a different cable, the cable could be bad.
#54003 by hallerec1
Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 am
Internet is working fine, the cables are also good and in working order. My modem is good and router as well. Could it be a bum unit? If so how much of a change in hell do I have of ooma taking it back? It crapped the bed just past the return deadline. I have a feeling returns and exchanges are a real nightmare with this companys customer service track record.
#54040 by Hollywood
Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:40 pm
my friend had the same problem. he got an RMA and Ooma was supposed to get back to him in 48 hrs or so. I called for him 2 days later and ....lody, dody... whatever, nothing. the rep put me on hold and looked into it further. she came back on and said a replacement was already shipped and gave me a UPS tracking number. the unit was supposed to arrive the next day and it did. The new unit works fine.

they did send the unit, but no email with a tracking number until I called them. customer service did not know what was going on until I pressed for them to look further.

If your unit is bad, I think they will replace it under the 1 year period. document all you did to get it to work, and then push for the RMA.

good luck.
#54375 by hallerec1
Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:41 am
I will have to try them again and see what I can do. Does anyone on here know the number for tech support in Palo Alto? I want to try calling them to see if I have more luck troubleshooting. I think it's just a bad unit though. I tried to reset it but that doesn't even work. I am supposed to hold down the two buttons under the one and two right? While the red light is flashing? I tried that but Ooma was unresponsive and just kept blinking red.
#54376 by murphy
Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:43 am
hallerec1 wrote:I will have to try them again and see what I can do. Does anyone on here know the number for tech support in Palo Alto? I want to try calling them to see if I have more luck troubleshooting. I think it's just a bad unit though. I tried to reset it but that doesn't even work. I am supposed to hold down the two buttons under the one and two right? While the red light is flashing? I tried that but Ooma was unresponsive and just kept blinking red.

No, the trash button (under the 1) and the stop button (down 2 and left 1 from the 1 button).