Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
User avatar
Davesworld
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Post by Davesworld » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 pm

murphy wrote:The name on a port request must exactly match the name on the account.
Is your name correct on the Account -> Profile screen?
On my profile in the first name block I have my full first name and my middle initial and then just my last name in the last name block. On my LNP form my first name middle initial and last name. Not sure why that would be somehow different.

murphy
Posts: 7205
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Post by murphy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:55 am

Over at least the last 5 years there has been an effort to eliminate middle initials. Most online forms make no provision for a middle initial. Forcing it into the first name field can lead to confusion. That may be the source of your problem.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

User avatar
Davesworld
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Post by Davesworld » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:58 pm

murphy wrote:Over at least the last 5 years there has been an effort to eliminate middle initials. Most online forms make no provision for a middle initial. Forcing it into the first name field can lead to confusion. That may be the source of your problem.
I believe you're right. I'll try removing it.

User avatar
Davesworld
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Post by Davesworld » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Nope, according to CallCentric there is an alternate name listed altogether as the primary account holder. They will attempt to get a customer service record for it to see what is going on. Here is what I was told. This is from CallCentric's customer service:

"Apr 26, 2010 09:44 AM : Customer service
Hello,

We are sure they wouldn't reject your port request for a middle initial. There is an alternate name altogether listed as the primary account holder.

We will attempt to get a copy of the CSR (customer service record)for your phone number. The rejection most likely stems from the information contained on the CSR, as there is alternate information contained on it in many cases. The carriers don't always update the National Database with current end user information.

We will keep you posted as information becomes available. Thank you."

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 am

If ooma isn't the one who rejected saying "name wrong," CallCentric is doing it wrong. They shouldn't be looking up some database and say "oops, wrong name." They need to send the request over to ooma and get concurrence and confirmation from ooma.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

Pandora
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Post by Pandora » Sat May 22, 2010 5:49 pm

lbmofo wrote:If ooma isn't the one who rejected saying "name wrong," CallCentric is doing it wrong. They shouldn't be looking up some database and say "oops, wrong name." They need to send the request over to ooma and get concurrence and confirmation from ooma.
I think we need to know more. If there is an extra person listed as owning the phone number, who shouldn't be there, we should all know ... in the event of an Ooma failure this may be vital information to quickly restoring our phone service. I adore Ooma and hope they never fail, but being realistic, we need to know what would happen IF we needed to recover our phone numbers.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Porting number from Ooma to Google Voice

Post by lbmofo » Sun May 23, 2010 12:28 am

Pandora wrote:I think we need to know more. If there is an extra person listed as owning the phone number, who shouldn't be there, we should all know ... in the event of an Ooma failure this may be vital information to quickly restoring our phone service. I adore Ooma and hope they never fail, but being realistic, we need to know what would happen IF we needed to recover our phone numbers.
When I wrote this:
lbmofo wrote:If ooma isn't the one who rejected saying "name wrong," CallCentric is doing it wrong. They shouldn't be looking up some database and say "oops, wrong name." They need to send the request over to ooma and get concurrence and confirmation from ooma.
I forgot about one thing, ooma is probably a reseller so ooma's service provider is rejecting this. So this is for ooma and ooma's service provider to sort out. You own the number so they need to correct their records accordingly.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

Post Reply