Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#53745 by Davesworld
Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 pm
murphy wrote:The name on a port request must exactly match the name on the account.
Is your name correct on the Account -> Profile screen?

On my profile in the first name block I have my full first name and my middle initial and then just my last name in the last name block. On my LNP form my first name middle initial and last name. Not sure why that would be somehow different.
#53756 by murphy
Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:55 am
Over at least the last 5 years there has been an effort to eliminate middle initials. Most online forms make no provision for a middle initial. Forcing it into the first name field can lead to confusion. That may be the source of your problem.
#53787 by Davesworld
Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:58 pm
murphy wrote:Over at least the last 5 years there has been an effort to eliminate middle initials. Most online forms make no provision for a middle initial. Forcing it into the first name field can lead to confusion. That may be the source of your problem.

I believe you're right. I'll try removing it.
#53941 by Davesworld
Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm
Nope, according to CallCentric there is an alternate name listed altogether as the primary account holder. They will attempt to get a customer service record for it to see what is going on. Here is what I was told. This is from CallCentric's customer service:

"Apr 26, 2010 09:44 AM : Customer service
Hello,

We are sure they wouldn't reject your port request for a middle initial. There is an alternate name altogether listed as the primary account holder.

We will attempt to get a copy of the CSR (customer service record)for your phone number. The rejection most likely stems from the information contained on the CSR, as there is alternate information contained on it in many cases. The carriers don't always update the National Database with current end user information.

We will keep you posted as information becomes available. Thank you."
#54008 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 am
If ooma isn't the one who rejected saying "name wrong," CallCentric is doing it wrong. They shouldn't be looking up some database and say "oops, wrong name." They need to send the request over to ooma and get concurrence and confirmation from ooma.
#56393 by Pandora
Sat May 22, 2010 5:49 pm
lbmofo wrote:If ooma isn't the one who rejected saying "name wrong," CallCentric is doing it wrong. They shouldn't be looking up some database and say "oops, wrong name." They need to send the request over to ooma and get concurrence and confirmation from ooma.
I think we need to know more. If there is an extra person listed as owning the phone number, who shouldn't be there, we should all know ... in the event of an Ooma failure this may be vital information to quickly restoring our phone service. I adore Ooma and hope they never fail, but being realistic, we need to know what would happen IF we needed to recover our phone numbers.
#56422 by lbmofo
Sun May 23, 2010 12:28 am
Pandora wrote:I think we need to know more. If there is an extra person listed as owning the phone number, who shouldn't be there, we should all know ... in the event of an Ooma failure this may be vital information to quickly restoring our phone service. I adore Ooma and hope they never fail, but being realistic, we need to know what would happen IF we needed to recover our phone numbers.

When I wrote this:

lbmofo wrote:If ooma isn't the one who rejected saying "name wrong," CallCentric is doing it wrong. They shouldn't be looking up some database and say "oops, wrong name." They need to send the request over to ooma and get concurrence and confirmation from ooma.

I forgot about one thing, ooma is probably a reseller so ooma's service provider is rejecting this. So this is for ooma and ooma's service provider to sort out. You own the number so they need to correct their records accordingly.