Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#53109 by highq
Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:27 pm
Now that revision 36111 has arrived on my Telo, I'm delighted to see my contacts turn up on the handset. Is there any way to store a PAUSE in a contact's number?
#53180 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:35 am
When I put "," in my outlook contact entries, my BlackBerry would convert that into its native pause "p" when synicing. iPhone would leave them as "," and both phones dial out fine with the intended pauses. So, I tried to import some of these outlook contact entries with "," into ooma contacts hoping that it would reveal what the native pause would be. No luck. The ooma import doesn't like the "," in phone numbers. Import is successful only after removal of all the ","s :)

I hope an ooma staff could find out about "pause" and chime in.
#55073 by highq
Sun May 09, 2010 7:36 am
On April 15th, I wrote:
Now that revision 36111 has arrived on my Telo, I'm delighted to see my contacts turn up on the handset.

I've not had occasion to use them since then, but today I find that while all my contacts are still visible on my.ooma.com, my ooma handset now displays

Address Book
No contacts

How can I make the handset cognizant of the contacts once again? Perhaps modifying the list on my.ooma.com will cause resynchronisation?
#55076 by murphy
Sun May 09, 2010 9:50 am
On the handset

Menu -> Service Settings -> Sync config
#55092 by highq
Sun May 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Thanks, murphy, but that syncing did not help.

I added a new contact on ooma's web site, powered down the telo for ten minutes, and still the handset claims there are no contacts,
#55215 by highq
Mon May 10, 2010 2:32 pm
After talking to Customer Service, I executed a factory reset of the Telo and the contacts re-appeared.
Gotta remember that Contacts are still flagged as Beta software.