Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52887 by thewidup
Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:27 am
I requested a number port on 4/2/10 and sent the LOA the same day.

According to the process I'm supposed to get an e-mail confirming the LOA within 5 business days. I have nothing back yet...

Is there anyway to track the process? I've e-mailed support...have yet to actually call them...
#52890 by swong
Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:18 am
Like yourself, I activated and simultaneously requested a number port on Monday, March 22nd and it is now Tuesday, April 13th abd my number has yet to port. I did however receive a email from Ooma informing me the number porting should be completed by this Thursday, April 15th. I have some concerns however have to wait until after Thursday before I can call/email Ooma as to the delay. My brother in law had his home phone humnber ported in less than 2 weeks and I am just 3 city blocks away from his residence...go figure!
#53153 by swong
Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:36 am
FYI everyone,
My porting was finally completed yesterday, April 15th which took 4 weeks to complete. I installed, activated and enrolled in Premier on Monday, March 22nd...credit card was charged for the full $119.95 a week later...got my first confirmation Ooma got my LOA application on Friday, April 2nd..... yesterday got another Ooma follow-up email informing me porting was completed & I should power cycle the Ooma Telo. Total 14 work days or roughly 4 calendar weeks. Bother-in-law's porting took less than 2 calendar weeks...go figure! Only remaining nit is how much Ooma will charge after my first year of Premier lapses...hoping to just pay the $11.95/year versus what Ooma recently posted for "monthly" taxes and surchages for newest Telo subscribers. Google Voice extensions might still be buggy as I am playing around with features...lack of OOma Google Vice Ext. online documentation doesn't help matters at all. Still haven't been able to figure out how to keep my Versalink W327 firewall enabled but thanks to Microsoft Windows 7 Pro I haven't picked up any crazy virus' and spamware which typically happens runiing Xp Pro SP3 with firewall disabled. If anyone get's their router firewall enabled and working cleanly with their Ooma I'd like to know how you went about this.
Lots of negative feedback on the Telo handset hence I'll delay purchase until Ooma has neweer firmware fixes to address battery life glitches. Hoping Ooma will eventually support aftermarket handsets
#53187 by bw1
Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:46 pm
swong wrote:Google Voice extensions might still be buggy as I am playing around with features...lack of OOma Google Vice Ext. online documentation doesn't help matters at all. Still haven't been able to figure out how to keep my Versalink W327 firewall enabled but thanks to Microsoft Windows 7 Pro I haven't picked up any crazy virus' and spamware which typically happens runiing Xp Pro SP3 with firewall disabled. If anyone get's their router firewall enabled and working cleanly with their Ooma I'd like to know how you went about this.
Lots of negative feedback on the Telo handset hence I'll delay purchase until Ooma has neweer firmware fixes to address battery life glitches. Hoping Ooma will eventually support aftermarket handsets

GVE has some online doc available, click on the help (?) link on the GVE preferences page in my.ooma.

You may want to do a search for your Westell router here on the board for other user's configurations.

The latest firmware fixes many of the issues with the handset including battery life and charging glitches. They still don't have as long of a battery life as my Panasonic handsets and probably never will. But the handset works pretty well especially for access to Premier features like instant second line, call screening and send to voicemail. Hopefully, they'll implement a send to blacklist function on the handset as well.

As far as aftermarket handsets, they are supported, just not with any Ooma specific functionality and I doubt we'll see anything like that. Who knows though, they may have a new, more advanced handset someday and maybe it will be contracted out to a company like Panasonic or Uniden or Motorola.