Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52454 by ewishan
Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 pm
Hi there,

I just set up a new ooma system at home. integrated into the land line per instructions. 2 telo handsets successfully registered. voicemail set-up, etc... I keep getting random periods of time where the phones in the house are all ringing with one ring. The Caller ID says UNKNOWN, and if you answer the phone, you hear the ooma diatone. I've scoured the internet and can;t come up with a reason why this is happening. Any ideas? New system, would love to fix it so I can keep it.
#52456 by murphy
Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 am
It's been discussed before in the forum. I thought it had been fixed but maybe not. The landline voicemail system is doing something on a periodic basis that causes Ooma to think a call is coming in. IMHO it is not a good idea to integrate a landline with Ooma. If you want to keep the landline for some reason, leave it as a separate phone system that is not integrated with Ooma. You can do that by calling CS and requesting that the integration be removed and getting a new phone number from Ooma.