Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52332 by wordpainter
Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm
Ooma rep, I hope you read this and can respond with a really good answer that actually works.

I had the Telo hooked up wrong but got that straightened out. MY fault. But the problem I have now is not my fault.

First, see my post, "Panasonic incompatible." Then understand that I've spoken on the phone with support several times, have hooked up equipment any way you can think of, and have even called Panasonic support. This has gone on now for at least a week, with daily time spent on the problem. I've been extremely patient and persistent and polite with support, and I've gotten nowhere. The only other thing I can think of is to actually buy another Panasonic system, one without an answerer, and see if that works. But I'm not sure I'm willing to go that far. You know why? (1) This whole deal is becoming nothing but pure aggravation, and (2) the Verizon land line works reliably and faultlessly, period.

Tell me that you absolutely know what I need to do to use my current Panasonic, or tell me absolutely that a new system will work for sure, and I'll think about it.

Regards,
Wordpainter
#53025 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:31 pm
wordpainter wrote:Telo with landline. Panasonic DECT 6 cordless base connected to Telo. Base answerer cannot be disabled, far as I can tell from Panasonic manual. Base answerer on or off makes no difference, same result: After the five rings set for base, more than the four set for the Telo, as per instructions, the Telo, not the base, answers with this message: "This voicemail box is not available now. Please leave a message." (!!). Putting aside the question, how can you leave a message in a voicemail box that's not available, what the heck is going on here and how can we get voicemail? Knowledgeable answers much appreciated. Very much.

wordpainter wrote:Southsound, the telo is connected correctly. With a plain non-cordless phone, everything works just fine. The Telo picks up and records messages. With the Panasonic base, everything goes haywire. Any number of people use a Panasonic cordless system with their ooma device with no problem, so I have to assume (A) that this Telo is defective or (B) that this base is either defective or simply incompatible. I can buy a new Panasonic system without answerer and see if that works, but if it doesn't I have to return both the Telo and the cordless system. It just gets to the point where you say, "enough."

Having seen many reports of people having bad experiences with VOIP, I decided to keep the landline while we see how this works out. It isn't working out.

With the non Panasoic phone, you say Telo picks up and records messages? Did you fix the "This voicemail box is not available now. Please leave a message" problem then?

What happens if you turn off both Telo and the Panasonic phone and you dial your own number? Does an answering system pick up? I am trying to see if you still have some funky answering system setup in limbo with your landline company.

Did you setup your ooma voicemail system already and selected a type of greeting you wanted?