Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52378 by alvin
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 am
Groundhound wrote:Puzzling. There's a new firmware version scheduled for release to the Telo this week, after you receive it see if there is any difference: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=52328#p52328.

Will Telo auto upgrade the firmware when it's available, or do I have to initiate the download and upgrade?

Does such problem only happen to me, or is it a common issue for normal Telo users?

Thanks!
#52382 by Groundhound
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 am
alvin wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Puzzling. There's a new firmware version scheduled for release to the Telo this week, after you receive it see if there is any difference: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=52328#p52328.

Will Telo auto upgrade the firmware when it's available, or do I have to initiate the download and upgrade?

Does such problem only happen to me, or is it a common issue for normal Telo users?

Thanks!

Upgrades happen automatically, but may take several days to roll out to everyone once they release it. By "such problem" I assume you mean the outbound DTMF issue, and if you search the forums you can find where others have had the problem at times for various reasons, sometimes having to do with a temporary issue at Ooma's end and sometimes having to do with customer equipment. I would say that most Telo users don't have outbound DTMF interpretation as a common issue.
#52386 by alvin
Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 am
Groundhound wrote:Upgrades happen automatically, but may take several days to roll out to everyone once they release it. By "such problem" I assume you mean the outbound DTMF issue, and if you search the forums you can find where others have had the problem at times for various reasons, sometimes having to do with a temporary issue at Ooma's end and sometimes having to do with customer equipment. I would say that most Telo users don't have outbound DTMF interpretation as a common issue.

I just searched the forum, it looked like other users were encountering the same issue as I am: "outbound DTMF interpretation".
For example:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5951
Re: DTMF Passthrough Problems?
Postby kaho » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:58 pm
Since Ooma rolled over new firmware 35442, i have noticed that there were some DTMF passthrough problems with my phone. I could no longer check my voice mail from work which required entering pin #. every time i entered my pin, either it was incorrect or missing one or two digits (my pin has only 4 digits) no matter how i did it. With my bank, it was 50-50, i considered myself lucky if it went through. The weirdest part was when i called oversea using calling card, even though i carefully punched in the # of the other party, i ALWAYS ended up calling the same wrong number, which never happened before!!! Of course after several times (different days) the person on that number got real upset. Now that i am so afraid of calling my other party, whom I have to call at least once a week. As the matter of fact, 15 minutes ago, I just tried to call one more time, and again I rang the same wrong number!!! Perhaps poster panyala was right when said "Is Ooma filtering out the tones (equating it to line noise) to enable call quality?"
Please, Ooma, please fix it.