Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52254 by techinn
Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 am
Hello,
My OOMA phone service is not working. My phone system consist of a white hub, a Motorola Gateway SBG901 high speed Modem, and a PC computer. I do not use a router. My internet provider is Comcast. The hub connections are; modem to modem, home to computer and phone to a Panasonic DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Answering System with 2 handset.
My problem is that I cannot get the phone to last more than 1 minute whether calling or receiving. This has been going on for about a week. When calling or receiving, I can hear the caller, but they cannot hear me. Technical support so far has no solution to this problem. I do not believe it is my phone because I tried several other phones and still be no service.
When I ran a speed test, I am getting over 4Mbs for upload. When I ran the ping test, I get a"Packet loss test error" which said that I cannot connect to the test server. A firewall could be blocking the connection, or the server might be having issues. Comcast ran the ping test and got zero packet loss. They also said there is no firewall on the Modem.
I hope somebody has a solution for my problem. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Tom
#52257 by murphy
Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:07 am
Connect to http://setup.ooma.com
Click on the Network page
Click on the radio button that says to use the built in MAC address
Click on update.
Turn off the cable modem and the hub
Turn on the cable modem and wait until it syncs with Comcast
Turn on the hub.
#52260 by techinn
Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:11 pm
Murphy,
Thank you for your recommendation. I tried it and did not resolve the problem.
#52273 by just4fn
Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:16 pm
Take the hub out of the picture and see if you get packet loss. Its possible the hub could be at fault
#52426 by techinn
Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 pm
The no phone problem was resolved when I disable the Motorola modem/router firewall.
#52438 by southsound
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 pm
techinn wrote:The no phone problem was resolved when I disable the Motorola modem/router firewall.

Great! We're glad that your system is working now. If you get a chance, why not go to your initial message in this thread, click edit, and add to the subject like so it says, "Resolved - No phone services" It may help someone else with similar issues when they see that your problem was resolved.

And lest we forget, welcome to ooma and to the forum!
#107126 by janet02762
Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 am
Just an aside. Most of you prob. know this, but I came on here looking for a solution to a "no line" message on my hub. The solution was simple and I can't believe I forgot to check first. I carelessly plugged the phone into the "wall" slot on the back right hand side of the hub; next to the "phone" slot. Make sure it is in the right place : ) . I hope this might help someone getting the same message.
#107154 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 pm
janet02762 wrote:Just an aside. Most of you prob. know this, but I came on here looking for a solution to a "no line" message on my hub. The solution was simple and I can't believe I forgot to check first. I carelessly plugged the phone into the "wall" slot on the back right hand side of the hub; next to the "phone" slot. Make sure it is in the right place : ) . I hope this might help someone getting the same message.

Did you find a solution to your Ooma device going offline and disconnecting mid call? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15302&p=107084#p107084