Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52226 by angrysquirrel
Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:46 pm
Hello,

I'm getting intermittent screeching coming from my pc speakers after I have hooked up my ooma device. Sounds like a screech back from the days of fax or modem transmissions. Anyone have this? What could be causing it?

Also, I just signed up for a year of premiere with my hub and scout. Looks like I have 2 numbers. My original ooma number and my ported number. It looks like from the feature setup that I can use the original ooma number for my scout. Is that true or do I need the new ooma telo thing?
#52242 by Groundhound
Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 am
angrysquirrel wrote:Also, I just signed up for a year of premiere with my hub and scout. Looks like I have 2 numbers. My original ooma number and my ported number. It looks like from the feature setup that I can use the original ooma number for my scout. Is that true or do I need the new ooma telo thing?

The secondary number on your account can be assigned to your Scout in my.ooma by setting the Scout as a personal device with that number associated to it. You will then create a separate password for my.ooma with that number as login so you can manage the separate VM account for that number. When set this way the assigned number will only ring on the phone(s) connected to the Scout.