Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52170 by bonpre
Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:11 am
I have emailed THREE TIMES with no response. Not even an automated one, letting me know that my email was received and when they would get back to me. It has been at least 10 days. This is bad business and not the way to treat your customers. I was going to port a number, buy a handset AND pay for a year of Premier, but I can't get a simple answer by email?
I have had a good quality connection, but what would happen if I had issues in the future ? It seems like Ooma customers will be on there own.
#52174 by AZGuyJoe
Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:29 am
ooma can be strange on email.
I've gone weeks without hearing from them and then yesterday I emailed them in the morning and I received a reply in the afternoon.
I've found that calling is a better option, albeit a bit frustrating at times (but email can be frustrating too).
#52175 by ntoy
Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:15 am
Hello,

We apologize for the slow response. Our teams maybe a little backed up in emails. Our Sales support line is open Monday through Friday. You can also give us a call on our support line & one of our representatives should be able to assist. Thye are open 7 days a week.

1-888-711-6662
#52176 by bonpre
Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:33 am
I DID speak to someone in customer support and they were unable to give me a clear answer. They told me they would send a message to someone else - (higher level support) to get an answer, but that I could also email info@ooma.com and someone would get back to me directly as well. I DID do this and no response. I also emailed from within the Ooma site.. no response. Even if your are backed up, there should be some sort of automated response communicating this to the customer in a timely manner. To simply not respond in any way at all for 2 weeks is really unacceptable.
#52181 by ntoy
Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 am
Hello,

I hear you loud & clear. I apologize for some of the misdirects. The info@ooma.com email address is more for sales/marketing questions. We are just going through some growing pains to grow the company.
You can do most of this online by logging into your My Ooma account & going to the Add-Ons tab.
From there, you can select number port or purchase handsets.

**Note: If you pay for annual premiere, you do have an option to receive a free number port or free handset with your telo. Just call into our support line for this option. For the number port, you still have to go to the Number port section & fill out the info including the LetterOfAgreement(LOA) to port a number.