Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#52010 by angrysquirrel
Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:31 pm
Hello folks,

I just had my number ported from vonage to ooma. Neither my vonage phone nor my ooma phone rings after the port. I unplugged my vonage phone and still the ooma phone doesn't ring. Anyone know the solution to this problem? Thanks!
#52036 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:01 pm
There's usually a delay of several hours during the transition with normal LECs, maybe there's one for Vonage port-outs too. How long has it been since your Vonage line stopped working?
#52083 by angrysquirrel
Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:18 am
Turned out to be user error on my part. The red envelope was lit up on my hub which means the hub was set to "do not disturb." Once I reset it by pressing and holding the button down for 3 seconds I disabled that mode and calls went through again normally.
#52084 by southsound
Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:20 am
angrysquirrel wrote:Turned out to be user error on my part. The red envelope was lit up on my hub which means the hub was set to "do not disturb." Once I reset it by pressing and holding the button down for 3 seconds I disabled that mode and calls went through again normally.

You are now an official member of the "Red Envelope" club! We're glad things have worked out well for you after the port. Don't forget to check the forum often so you can use your knowledge to help new users!