Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#51470 by rwhummel
Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:45 am
I'm looking to buy a Core bundle for a family member and have seen a couple different model numbers on them. Would like to know if when Ooma started to charge for the taxes and changed the voicemail on new Ooma did they changed the box on all new Ooma Cores to charge them the taxes too and take away the voicemail or all Ooma Cores don't have to pay taxes and will have voicemail. I've seen two model numbers ( SB 1000109101) and ( 1000105100). :D
#51472 by lbmofo
Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:06 am
My ooma Core box says P/N 100-0103-103. Not sure if this is the only one though.
#51473 by lbmofo
Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:17 am
I see these P/N too:

SB 1000109101 TigerDirect

100-0103-101 CompUSA

100-0105-100 Radio Shack

BTW, My UPC: 892943002025.
#51477 by rwhummel
Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:38 am
Do you have voicemail, caller ID with the name, and do you know if you are to be expected to pay the $11.75 tax after the first year of service? I guess I should ask do you have premier service? What does your box say about features and the tax? I have read that Ooma will do want the box says. I know the are some posts from back in October that talk about this. I just want to know if they evere changed the new boxes or do all Ooma Cores don't have to pay the tax and have those other features without premeir. :?
#51478 by murphy
Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 am
rwhummel wrote:Do you have voicemail, caller ID with the name, and do you know if you are to be expected to pay the $11.75 tax after the first year of service? I guess I should ask do you have premier service? What does your box say about features and the tax? I have read that Ooma will do want the box says. I know the are some posts from back in October that talk about this. I just want to know if they evere changed the new boxes or do all Ooma Cores don't have to pay the tax and have those other features without premeir. :?

If you bought it at Costco, you pay the tax.
If you didn't buy it at Costco, you don't pay the tax.

https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates
#51502 by rwhummel
Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:38 pm
Thanks murphy. I looked at that link, I think that answers my question. It looks like Costco only sold just the Hub by itself according to that link. So all Cores should be tax free.
#51536 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:34 am
rwhummel wrote:Do you have voicemail, caller ID with the name, and do you know if you are to be expected to pay the $11.75 tax after the first year of service? I guess I should ask do you have premier service? What does your box say about features and the tax? I have read that Ooma will do want the box says. I know the are some posts from back in October that talk about this. I just want to know if they evere changed the new boxes or do all Ooma Cores don't have to pay the tax and have those other features without premeir. :?

I am still in premier trial so I'll find out about the callerid name part if I end up with the basic service but I did call customer support and verify that my S/N, I am not on the hook for the $11.75 tax with current terms/conditions (they can tell if oom Core device by S/N).