Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#51413 by ssmambo
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:03 pm
I tested out my ooma system (hub with scouts) with Alert 1( a medical alarm system a.k.a. help I've fallen and can't get up).
http://www.alert-1.com/?gclid=COqWhtiZ16ACFQlLbQodwWkzBA

I was not able to get the alert 1 system to work on my Ooma lines, so I am forced to get a regular landline and connect that to Alert 1. Has anyone out there gotten this or a similar service to work with OOMA or the Telo? thanks
#51420 by ssmambo
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm
What is supposed to happen is you press the panic button, then the Alert One device will seize the phone line and initiate a 2 way call to their call center and ask if i am okay using the speaker of the alert one device.

I simulated an accident by pressing the button on my wristband and alert one was unable to establish a connection with their device.
#51421 by Groundhound
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:16 pm
ssmambo wrote:What is supposed to happen is you press the panic button, then the Alert One device will seize the phone line and initiate a 2 way call to their call center and ask if i am okay using the speaker of the alert one device.

I simulated an accident by pressing the button on my wristband and alert one was unable to establish a connection with their device.

Yes, but somewhere in the Alert One device setup is a place where you tell it what number to call. That number should be preceded with *99, in the Alert One device setup.
#51573 by Groundhound
Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 am
joeed2 wrote:If your life depends on Alert 1, then it might be a wise idea to keep a bare-bones landline for that purpose.

That's a good point. For any VoIP provider, service reliability can only be as good as your Internet connection. Everyone should have at least cell as backup for 911 access and if you are elderly and wear a pendant to summon help in case of a fall or other emergency - especially if you live alone - I would keep the bare-bones landline.