Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#51070 by amoney
Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:12 pm
My Telo is flashing red, but still able to place and receive calls.

Device Status - Rev: 1.35170

Network

MODEM: Connected : [174.48.x.x]
HOME: Connected : [172.27.35.1]

Ooma Tunnel: Connected

Any thoughts?
#51071 by amoney
Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:16 pm
Alright, its something to due with the firmware roll out, at least I am working.

Question I see the notes state that the roll out is halted untill the servers are upgraded, abit confusing wouldnt the logic be that you upgrade the servers first... since apparently the firmware update needs to be halted.

Anyways, strange occurance of events.

EDIT

I see additionally in the notes that there is a failover to other carriers feature, perhaps this is what is happening while Ooma is updating their servers?

That would be great news!
#51162 by mthomtech
Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm
I had this issue last week when we returned from a trip. Calls were fine, but noticed the flashing red Ooma on the Telo. Reboot got the lights back to normal.

Not sure when it happened since we were gone for a couple of weeks, but it was probably with 35170
#51180 by amoney
Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 pm
Meh, tied a reboot, still came up flashing red. Everything else is in working order.

Thanks for any any thoughts.

I read in another thread to perform a reset, not sure I want to go down that road yet.
#51210 by ntoy
Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:54 am
Hello amoney,

In looking at your log file, the firmware update seems to be caught in a loop.
Please try a factory reset. If you still have no luck, please contact our support line
to RMA your box.
#51298 by matt100
Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:21 am
My Telo is doing the same thing. I called support two nights ago and they had me do the factory reset. The logo was flashing pink and blue, and after the reset It is flashing red with the stop button lit and thats it. I am also able to make and receive calls, though. I was told they would look into the issue further and call back. I haven't heard anything as of yet.
#51641 by amoney
Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 am
ntoy wrote:Hello amoney,

In looking at your log file, the firmware update seems to be caught in a loop.
Please try a factory reset. If you still have no luck, please contact our support line
to RMA your box.

Thanks for checking up on that ntoy, makes me feel better knowing what is happening than just blindly resetting devices. I had not had time to follow up (since everything was otherwise working), I will give it a go later today and see.
#51710 by amoney
Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:26 pm
Device Status - Rev: 1.35452

:D

Everything appears to be normal again, note I had to reset twice. The first go around spooked me as the process did not follow exactly, after the flashing red/blue it went solid blue (instead of previously described solid red), so I then proceded to release the trash and stop buttons. No reboot happened just solid blue. So I then proceeded to go back to the computer and telephone and the line was down, went back and found the Telo finally rebooting but... it came up flashing red and with the stop button solid blue, but the phone service was working. So I did another reset, again after the flashing red/blue it went solid blue, I continued to hold the trash and stop button, and as the seconds rolled by I gave up and let go... I watched as it remained solid blue for 15 seconds or so then it flashed red and went completely dark. It did not reboot (my previous setting was set to dark mode). I tapped the dim button and the solid blue logo reappeared just the way I like it. As shown above my Telo caught the new update, perhaps that is why I had to reset twice.