Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#50871 by wildbill
Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:21 pm
Ok I have heard off this new PureVoice being enabled on the ooma server network in the next week.. What does this do for audio QOS? Is this the HD voice everyone has been talking about.. whats the diference from PureVoice and what our QOS is right now?..
Last edited by wildbill on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#50873 by Groundhound
Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:08 pm
wildbill wrote:Ok I have heard off this new PureVoice being enabled on the ooma server network in the next week.. What does this do for audio QOS? Is this the HD voice everyone has been talking about.. whats the diference from PureVoice and what are QOS is right now?..

Not the same as "HD" voice, PureVoice is supposed to be tolerant of high packet-loss connections.
#50885 by ktinca
Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:04 am
Will the Hub get this PureVoice or only the Telo?
#50898 by wildbill
Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:01 am
ktinca wrote:Will the Hub get this PureVoice or only the Telo?

Im not sure but I would think this would be enabled for all customers.
#50909 by JTalbert
Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:22 pm
wildbill wrote:Ok I have heard off this new PureVoice being enabled on the ooma server network in the next week.. What does this do for audio QOS? Is this the HD voice everyone has been talking about.. whats the diference from PureVoice and what our QOS is right now?..

Pure Voice changes the way the Ooma handles data, in a manner that he handles network jitter better, so some people that have had audio quality issues, this should be a big improvement.

Ooma advertises it as a business level Voip server to handle calls much better.

Sounds good, if it works as advertised I will be very happy since I have had jitter issues with my connection.
#50921 by bw1
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:34 pm
https://www.ooma.com/blog/2010/02/01/oom ... m-in-2010/

I want to give special mention to our newly announced Ooma PureVoice™ technology. In the business world, Internet telephony is widely deployed and works quite well, but in the home it has traditionally suffered from poor or variable voice quality. Ooma PureVoice is a breakthrough solution combining multiple advanced technologies so that even under suboptimal Internet conditions (for example when congestion occurs) you will continue to receive clear, high quality voice.

I think it's for everyone. It doesn't require Premier. Not sure if it will work for Hub users or if it requires the Telo. Based on the latest Telo release notes, the new Telo firmware supports PureVoice, but there are servers that need to be upgraded to support it. I don't know if the Hub requires a firmware upgrade or if it will get it.

I seem to remember reading that the Hub will support it but I can't find it now. You could search the forum for PureVoice.