Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#50839 by BCam
Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:21 pm
I bought a Uniden Cordless DECT 6.0 4-pack bundle at Costco (DECT 1588-3T). Aside from their working great with ooma, I discovered that the "message waiting" indicator light on the Uniden handset blinks when there is an ooma voicemail recorded on my Telo. Apparently this is because ooma uses what is known as an FSK or Frequency Shift Keying message notification signal. The Uniden base station also shows a "VM" indicator. Since you can also store your ooma phone number in the Uniden's phonebook, it is simple to access your ooma voicemail from the Uniden handset or base station.

I also like the idea that the Uniden base station has a corded handset.

This probably isn't unique to Uniden but it was a pleasant surprise to me.
#50849 by hpepper
Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm
Yep. FSK is great.

Also, on my Panasonic cordless Dect 6 phones, there is a programable VM setting, allowing me to plug in my own Ooma home number which allows me to press the VM access button - it then turns on speakerphone and I get to hear my VMs without typing in my passcode.
#90130 by joe123
Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 pm
BCam wrote:I bought a Uniden Cordless DECT 6.0 4-pack bundle at Costco (DECT 1588-3T). Aside from their working great with ooma, I discovered that the "message waiting" indicator light on the Uniden handset blinks when there is an ooma voicemail recorded on my Telo. Apparently this is because ooma uses what is known as an FSK or Frequency Shift Keying message notification signal.

I just noticed this today! When a message is left on my Ooma Telo, all of my Uniden cordless phones blink the Voice-Messaage waiting light.

What a pleseant suprise to see that Ooma passes the FSK message out to all of my cordless phones to then blink on message waiting. :D

I too bought my Uniden cordless phones and Ooma at Costco.