Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#50803 by Trekster
Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:47 am
From the Status and Updates page, it reads like the new firmware version will be available starting last night 3/18/2010. The list of "bug fixes" is significant, and several would be nice to have; especially the increase in volume.

I unplugged my Telo unit this morning, 3/19 and let it reboot, but I'm still at the previous version (so no new version was installed).

How do these new firmware updates get rolled out?

Is the power cycle the way that I should receive it?

About how long does it take to propagate the update to all of the Ooma customer base? (days, weeks, etc.)

Is there a better way for me to know when the release is ready to be installed in my Telo?
#50804 by Groundhound
Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:50 am
It usually takes several days to roll out updates. No power cycle is needed; it will likely happen in the middle of the night to avoid disruption as your Telo will reboot on its own when the update is pushed to it from Ooma.
#50805 by Trekster
Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:58 am
Groundhound wrote:It usually takes several days to roll out updates. No power cycle is needed; it will likely happen in the middle of the night to avoid disruption as your Telo will reboot on its own when the update is pushed to it from Ooma.

Aaahhh.... Thanks for the info. That's better, since I won't have to keep powering down the unit myself. :cool:
#50863 by wildbill
Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:56 pm
Longer wrote:Hi, how do one see the installed Firmware Version on Telo unit?

Thanks.

Open up Internet Exploder and goto http://setup.ooma.com

This will connect you to the hub HTTP deamon.

only works if you have a PC direct connect to the hub.

look under status link the top of that page tells you the FW version you have.
#50869 by Groundhound
Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:55 pm
Longer wrote:Thanks, It shows 1.34010.
I wonder if there is a way to upgrade it manually via the PC.

No, there's not. Updates are pushed directly to the Telo from Ooma. Yours will likely be updated within the next few nights.