Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#50647 by navymommy
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:27 pm
I just purchased the Ooma Hub, paid for premier for a year, applied to port my home number, and got a second phone number w/the area code of our second home. We will now have a local number for both homes. Can I use our normal cordless phones for these two lines, or do I need to buy phones that can handle 2 lines, or do I need to buy a scout? I called customer service, and the gal I spoke with had a very thick accent - we both had a hard time understanding each other, so I don't know any more than I did last week. Can someone with 2 phone numbers explain how this works, please?

Thanks so much!
#50654 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:13 am
navymommy wrote:I just purchased the Ooma Hub, paid for premier for a year, applied to port my home number, and got a second phone number w/the area code of our second home. We will now have a local number for both homes. Can I use our normal cordless phones for these two lines, or do I need to buy phones that can handle 2 lines, or do I need to buy a scout? I called customer service, and the gal I spoke with had a very thick accent - we both had a hard time understanding each other, so I don't know any more than I did last week. Can someone with 2 phone numbers explain how this works, please?

Thanks so much!

To use both phone numbers at the same time, you need a scout.
If you want to use one number while at house A and the other number while at house B, you don't need a scout.
If you want to use both numbers at house A and both numbers at house B but don't need to use both numbers at the same time, you don't need a scout.
With both numbers shared on the hub, a call to either number will ring the phone connected to the hub.
When placing a call, the first number will be sent as the caller ID by default.
If you precede the dialed number with **1, the second number will be sent as the caller ID.