Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#50639 by tk9867
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm
I got the Ooma Telo and connected it last Friday (03/12/10). When i finished installing everything, i tested it out, but when i called my house phone number, the Ooma Telo didn't ring. How do I fix it? Only my phone inside my room that's not connected to the Ooma system rings. Also, I'm wondering when can I disconnect from my phone company (Verizon). Since I want to stop the payments as soon as possible. I bought the $39 thing that lets me have the same phone number for my house.
#50658 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 am
tk9867 wrote:I got the Ooma Telo and connected it last Friday (03/12/10). When i finished installing everything, i tested it out, but when i called my house phone number, the Ooma Telo didn't ring. How do I fix it? Only my phone inside my room that's not connected to the Ooma system rings. Also, I'm wondering when can I disconnect from my phone company (Verizon). Since I want to stop the payments as soon as possible. I bought the $39 thing that lets me have the same phone number for my house.

Did you integrate your land line or did you get a temporary number?
If you got a temporary number, they will remain as independent phone systems until the number port ($39) is completed.
#50665 by pbernard
Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:56 am
Hello. The Telo will not ring. There is no "ringer" in the unit. Your phones will ring if you have one plugged into the back of the Telo, or have (like I do) a wireless phone system for your house. You said you paid to have your number ported. That takes some time...usually a couple of weeks. In the meantime, you have a temporary number you can use to call out and receive calls.
#50923 by murphy
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:40 pm
tk9867 wrote:Oh, ok. But about when? Since i want to cut off my phone company as soon as possible.

When the port takes place your land line account will be automatically canceled.