When do I disconnect my phone company, and theres no ring.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tk9867

When do I disconnect my phone company, and theres no ring.

Post by tk9867 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm

I got the Ooma Telo and connected it last Friday (03/12/10). When i finished installing everything, i tested it out, but when i called my house phone number, the Ooma Telo didn't ring. How do I fix it? Only my phone inside my room that's not connected to the Ooma system rings. Also, I'm wondering when can I disconnect from my phone company (Verizon). Since I want to stop the payments as soon as possible. I bought the $39 thing that lets me have the same phone number for my house.

murphy

Re: When do I disconnect my phone company, and theres no ring.

Post by murphy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 am

tk9867 wrote:I got the Ooma Telo and connected it last Friday (03/12/10). When i finished installing everything, i tested it out, but when i called my house phone number, the Ooma Telo didn't ring. How do I fix it? Only my phone inside my room that's not connected to the Ooma system rings. Also, I'm wondering when can I disconnect from my phone company (Verizon). Since I want to stop the payments as soon as possible. I bought the $39 thing that lets me have the same phone number for my house.
Did you integrate your land line or did you get a temporary number?
If you got a temporary number, they will remain as independent phone systems until the number port ($39) is completed.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

pbernard

Post by pbernard » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:56 am

Hello. The Telo will not ring. There is no "ringer" in the unit. Your phones will ring if you have one plugged into the back of the Telo, or have (like I do) a wireless phone system for your house. You said you paid to have your number ported. That takes some time...usually a couple of weeks. In the meantime, you have a temporary number you can use to call out and receive calls.
Peter Bernard
Ooma fan

tk9867

Post by tk9867 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Oh, ok. But about when? Since i want to cut off my phone company as soon as possible.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:40 pm

tk9867 wrote:Oh, ok. But about when? Since i want to cut off my phone company as soon as possible.
When the port takes place your land line account will be automatically canceled.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

tk9867

Post by tk9867 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Oh, so do i just wait for Ooma to finish (I mean like i don't have to do anything)?