Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#3102 by RickO
Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:17 am
When I first set up the ooma system, my outgoing caller ID showed my name and ooma phone number. After a day or so, my outbound ID displayed either "Unknown Caller" or "Out of Area" along with the number. Yesterday, my name was back, but today it displays "Out of Area" or "Unknown Caller" again when I call someone local. Is anyone else having this problem?
Last edited by RickO on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
#3110 by frenchcamp49er
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 pm
Mine has displayed "Out of Area" since day one.
#3150 by number9
Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 am
If you log into the ooma lounge and click on preferences, then privacy, there is a drop down menu that you can use to select number shown on caller ID.
Maybe this will help.
#3176 by frenchcamp49er
Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:28 pm
number9 wrote:If you log into the ooma lounge and click on preferences, then privacy, there is a drop down menu that you can use to select number shown on caller ID.
Maybe this will help.

Did that on day one.
#3182 by RickO
Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm
The tough thing about this situation is that a lot of my friends are not picking up when I call because they think that I'm a telemarketer when "Out of Area" is displayed. I hope there is a way to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#3186 by frenchcamp49er
Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:46 pm
I also hopes this gets fixed ASAP.
#3192 by Bobby B
Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 pm
Did you already forward this over to support? I wanted to know if they gave you a time frame on when it'd be completed. Normally, the outgoing caller-ID name is provisioned within two weeks.

Also, does your name show as "Out of Area" for all the people you call (those that have caller-ID name)?

frenchcamp49er wrote:Mine has displayed "Out of Area" since day one.
#3204 by frenchcamp49er
Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:45 pm
Bobby B wrote:Did you already forward this over to support? I wanted to know if they gave you a time frame on when it'd be completed. Normally, the outgoing caller-ID name is provisioned within two weeks.

Also, does your name show as "Out of Area" for all the people you call (those that have caller-ID name)?

No I didn't contact anyone, Its been this way for over 5 weeks. Yes everyone I call, it says "Out of Area".
#4018 by RickO
Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:19 pm

frenchcamp49er wrote:No I didn't contact anyone, Its been this way for over 5 weeks. Yes everyone I call, it says "Out of Area".

I feel your pain. It's been over 5 weeks for me too. Customer support has escalated this to the provising team after verifying the problem. I have to say that everyone at ooma support has been very pleasant to talk with. Hopefully things will be straightened out soon.