Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#50440 by mck024
Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:17 pm
Purchased a Telo 2 months ago and the number port process was flawless. Yesterday I purchased 2 Vtech dect 6.0 phones to replace some old handsets and wired the Telo to distribute the dial tone to all jacks in the house, making sure to disconnect the outside wiring from the phone company. I can make and receive calls with no problems except... the caller ID does not work on the new handsets. It says "Incoming Call" on the display instead of the number and name. Caller ID worked on the old Uniden handsets. Caller ID does show on the fax machine. Any ideas?
#50637 by mck024
Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:33 pm
I've discovered that caller ID works if my cordless phone is connected directly to the Telo. If I connect the Telo to the wall jack (to distribute the dial tone to the entire house) and connect the phone to the wall jack in another room, caller ID does not work. I can make and receive calls, but no caller ID. :?
#50659 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:25 am
mck024 wrote:I've discovered that caller ID works if my cordless phone is connected directly to the Telo. If I connect the Telo to the wall jack (to distribute the dial tone to the entire house) and connect the phone to the wall jack in another room, caller ID does not work. I can make and receive calls, but no caller ID. :?

Remove any phones that you have connected to the house wiring that have real bells in them instead of being electronic ringers. The REN value of all connected phones can't exceed 5. (It's on the label on the bottom of the phone).