Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#50034 by hingli
Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm
I send about 2~3 faxes a week from my home to my workplace but after switching to ooma I am unable to send faxes correctly. My workplace fax machine is receiving only half of the page(s) or giving a receive error. I changed my Fax machine to 9600 Baud, turned off ECM, and used *99 but I am still having problems.
#50177 by oomg
Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:27 am
hingli wrote:I send about 2~3 faxes a week from my home to my workplace but after switching to ooma I am unable to send faxes correctly. My workplace fax machine is receiving only half of the page(s) or giving a receive error. I changed my Fax machine to 9600 Baud, turned off ECM, and used *99 but I am still having problems.

Since problems with faxing documents seem to be a recurring issue, I will repeat from one or more of my prior posts:

IMHO, with the ability to attach a document to an email in PDF format, a fax machine is almost obsolete. However, there are occasions when some of us (myself included) must use a fax to send or receive documents.

So, I am currently using the OneSuite efax system. As little as $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming to one email address. If you think you need more, or need to send faxes, go for their $2.95 per month deal. Unlimited incoming faxes to as many as 5 email addresses, plus outgoing at 2.5 cents per page. Upon delivery of the fax, a copy with delivery confirmation is returned to your designated emal. You will need a scanner as outgoing copies use a pdf file to attach to the cover page. Very easy to use, and inexpensive as well. See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp

Don't get me wrong... I do understand, and appreciate that some people still need a fax. I am just offering what I believe to be a viable (i.e. reliable and inexpensive) alternative to using a traditional fax maching. For my purporses, even if I only needed to fax 10-20 pages per month, the $2.95 monthly cost of OneSuite's service outweighs the hassle of a traditional fax machine. If one needs a fax to receive only, OneSuite's $1 per month incoming only service costs less than the consumable items needed for a traditional fax machine. And, they give the subscriber a dedicated fax number. Since incoming faxes are in a pdf format, they can be printed (if and as needed), archived, or forwarded directly or as an email attachment to multiple recipients. What's not to love?

Oh yeah... dont' forget, if it is work related, the cost should be tax deductible if not fully reimbursed by your employer.