Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#3471 by hwgang
Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:25 pm
I faxed in porting info for 2 numbers and was told (when I called, no confirmation otherwise) that one was received and one wasn't. I was advised to email the second one in and that day (within hours) I was told that both had been received and was also given my hopeful porting date for the first number.

I, like everyone else, can't wait to flush the extra bill.

I AM loving the new ooma system. The quality, the service and the features. This will make me more patient than usual! ;)
#3525 by trigler
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:50 pm
Today, February 25th, I broke the tyranny of the phone bill. My number was ported and I can cancel my comcast digital voice. Viva la Ooma....
#3527 by hwgang
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:54 pm
Congrats, trigler! :) I hope I'm right behind you!
#3534 by Baturro
Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:26 pm
I'm told that my order will be complete the week of 3/11 so I'll also be behind you guys.
#3546 by trim81
Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:31 pm
I am curious, I got a date of "the week of 3/10/2009" ....does that mean it will complete ON 3/10/2009?

--Anyone can provide data points?
#3548 by Baturro
Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:40 pm
trim81 wrote:I am curious, I got a date of "the week of 3/10/2009" ....does that mean it will complete ON 3/10/2009?

--Anyone can provide data points?

As I understand it, Ooma has to wait for our local phone company to complete the porting process. Thus Ooma can't give us an exact completion date. So I would guess that when they say "the week off...", they mean it.
#3635 by number9
Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:11 pm
I sent my LOA back on January 16. It's now February 27. Still no word on my port. I called ooma customer service and was told the port request had been sent to AT&T and the target date for the port to complete was,...February 16! 11 days ago. I was also told the problem was with my carrier. I called AT&T and they said when the port request is made they release the the number to the new carrier. I call ooma customer service back, and I am now being told that the hold up is with ooma's carrier partner. So I as sit here drinking my Numi Monkey King Oragnic Jasmine Green Tea, I am laughing out loud.
So ooma, what's going on. I'm not angry, even though I just spent 4 hours on the phone, I'm just curious as to whom I can speak with that will give me the straight poop on what's going on with my number. It's costing me money everyday I wait for my number to be ported. I think 3 weeks to a month is a reasonable amount of time for the porting process, but it's been almost 6 weeks and I can't get a consistent answer.
PLEASE ooma let me fire my phone company!!!
#3649 by dlong
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:01 pm
number9 wrote:I sent my LOA back on January 16. It's now February 27. Still no word on my port. I called ooma customer service and was told the port request had been sent to AT&T and the target date for the port to complete was,...February 16! 11 days ago. I was also told the problem was with my carrier. I called AT&T and they said when the port request is made they release the the number to the new carrier. I call ooma customer service back, and I am now being told that the hold up is with ooma's carrier partner. So I as sit here drinking my Numi Monkey King Oragnic Jasmine Green Tea, I am laughing out loud.
So ooma, what's going on. I'm not angry, even though I just spent 4 hours on the phone, I'm just curious as to whom I can speak with that will give me the straight poop on what's going on with my number. It's costing me money everyday I wait for my number to be ported. I think 3 weeks to a month is a reasonable amount of time for the porting process, but it's been almost 6 weeks and I can't get a consistent answer.
PLEASE ooma let me fire my phone company!!!

BIG Ouch! I bought in on this from NewEgg this week. I was trying to activate last night and needed help. I was on the phone on hold for over an hour and still no answer. Well I got it activated (I think it is activated, seems to be working) although probably not correctly, no phone numbers were available for local calls. I was going to pull the trigger and purchase Premeir with the free number port today. But, after reading about all the nightmares and all the lack of customer service, I'm really getting anxious. AND i'm getting a BAD case of buyer's remorse. Man I sure hope this whole thing isn't a scheme. I'm starting to believe that it was worth paying the cash for the dependability and reliability of Verizon. Help!

Man this is worrying me bad!
#3651 by hwgang
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:52 pm
Don't be worried, dlong. If you stand in line at Disney World to go on some supercoaster, it's not a scam, either. It's just a wicked popular ride. :-D A really great ride. Same here.

If you go to a great restaurant you'll have a wait in a crowd on a Saturday night....you get the picture. ;)

Yup, they have a few growing pains due to their success, but this ooma system really works! I've had AT & T, Verizon, Lingo, Vonage and now ooma and every move was an ungrade with ooma being the pinnacle. Of features. Of service. Of hardware.

I've logged a few miles with them now. When I encountered a highly unusual problem (my issue, not anything that could be repeated) I had an ooma employee give me their personal email. I've had others call to check ON ME and make sure everything was running smoothly.

They are intelligent, caring, knowledgeable staff who REALLY know their stuff and care. They ARE swamped.

Hang in there. Get Premier. Bask in the good life. And go have a drink at the bar while you're waiting. LOL!

Welcome! :)
#3652 by WayneDsr
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:08 pm
dlong: I agree with hwgang!

It seems that the biggest problem is porting the old number to ooma.
Other than that, ooma is an excellent service. I've had it a month or so with absolutely no real issues. Calls are clear and ooma system has been up 100% of the time.

Customer support has been good to me. I called twice, got help in less than 20 minutes one time and 1 minute the next. Also emailed tech support and had an answer by the end of the day.
Don't let the problems in the Forums scare you! (what you don't see in the forums are the people that have NO ISSUES!)

Keep in mind though, if you're going to port, it takes awhile. Period. Have patience if you decide to do it.
And get an ooma number in the meantime. Doesn't matter where it's located, it's all free calling either way. It will only be temporary until you port.

Happy ooma customer,
Wayne